Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

Coming home to open your paypacket and discovering that you've been paid an entirely unexpected bonus, which means you can afford to hotfoot it over to Buenos Aires to hang out with your mates who've been touring South America for 6 months, just before they come home.

ONLY TO FIND that they're coming home the week you have the biggest work event of your life so you can't possibly take the time off until after they're back in London.

Oh my fucking god.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Katie - maybe they DO know the difference between

> reply/replyall but want everyone to know how

> 'busy' they are..

Ha ha, so true ...That must mean 'bcc' is the opposite? :))

Another one...people who can barely look up from their blackberry throughout the duration of a large meeting, where they have been specifically invited to contribute. Self-important ****s

And they still don't look up when someone asks them a question - yet give their answer while staring purposefully at their *important* emails. Yeah right.

Slow people on train platforms

People with wheely suitcases on busy station concourses who stop very suddenly, oblivious to the ensuing pile-up behind them

People who kick pigeons (actually that's not irrational rage, it's absolutely rational rage)

The inadequacy of the Oyster lost & stolen helpline

But worst of all:

The narrow spectrum of the news-speak vocabulary. OH, it makes me so angry. Ministers "slamming" statements, people forever being "set to" embark on something, and the innumerable sum of people who have "spoken out" about something. Heaven forbid they could just comment, or voice their opinion. Apparently no-one ever responds to anything. No, apparently they have "SPOKEN OUT", like their (probably not) terribly brave and dramatic comment is an event in itself.

And people actually taking on this vocabulary and using it in everyday life. Banality upsets me!

Katie - yes the 'bcc' is for the humble people who don't need to boast about how 'busy' they are.

I have a guy who attends meetings I run each week and I just texted him 'This is important you are the stakeholder and I will come to YOU for answers if this delivery fails, so PAY ATTENTION'. I had the txt drafted, and also an email exactly the same. when he was 'lost in Backberry' mode I sent them. He looked up sharpish but could say nowt. Thing is , while sending both to him, I was guilty of phone gazing for a short while too..

He pays attention now, a very passive sponsor though !

MsDulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> :) It's true Gen! I've seen it happen a few times

> now, once when I was carrying a plastic bag of

> food and I had to tie the top of the bag to stop a

> nail finding its way into my bag :)

Talk about unsolicited free gifts.....

Very few people will get this but...

Masterchef Australia for bringing back people who'd been beaten fair and square and giving them another chance, in particular Poh who on the very first round got sent back to try again after producing something awful on her first, and what should have been only, go.

Someone trying the door when you're in the disabled toilet: it's too far away to put a protective foot out against it so you're already feeling vulnerable.

It's got a red indicator to show it's occupied you fecker. Can't you just check that, instead of shaking the door to the very foundations of the building (and to the point where I think you might actually shake the special lock free), when I'm trying to have some very special alone time.