Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

That ridiculous packaging you get on any form of computer periferal or DVD that requires a set of garden shears to cut through.

Your mobile phone battery dying just when you need an important call to come through.

Petrol pumps that just go CLICK and won't dispense petrol even when you have an empty tank.

Why can I NEVER FIND A PEN when I need to write something down whilst on the 'phone. When I do find one it doesn't work or the pencil lead snaps or has worn down.

Being handed change with a note pushed into the palm of your hand quickly followed by a pile of coins on top. Suddenly a simple exchange becomes a precarious balancing act to prevent the coins from sliding off. I used to serve behind a bar and always put the coins into the hand first. So much easier!

Yep, that is a really annoying one, Brum.

And also I get annoyed when the cashier won't take your debit card to put it in the machine and makes you do it, thus putting you in that unwanted position of flailing around nervously as you try to ensure you slot it in correctly. The blasted cashier does it all sodding day and knows the way the card goes in. Also, invariably, if I put my card in, I forget to take it. I want them to take my card at the beginning of the transcation and then hand it back at the end to complete the transaction. Simple.

In my mind this isn't a Tiny Little Thing but that's for the massive to decide..

People who carry on their mobile conversation when paying at a checkout and treat the person behind the counter with a fundamental lack of basic respect. Really, REALLY gets my goat for sheer rudeness.

Saw it this morning and the woman in question just pointed to her ear when asked if there was anything wrong, no eye contact and apparently that made everything OK. Genuinely if I was working in the shop (and wouldn't get sacked) I'd refuse to serve them.

Phones in general actually are so rude, as is the expectation we'll answer them. You don't randomly interrupt conversations in person so why should you be able to do it remotely?

brum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Being handed change with a note pushed into the

> palm of your hand quickly followed by a pile of

> coins on top. Suddenly a simple exchange becomes a

> precarious balancing act to prevent the coins from

> sliding off. I used to serve behind a bar and

> always put the coins into the hand first. So much

> easier!

Brum - your're SO right and it IS annoying. They do this in bookshops a lot for some reason? Almost makes me want to pay for everything by card...

Cafes in local busy parks where they decide to close half the seating ( the half not overheated by the sun ) an hour before closing time so that they can clean it and get away quickly .

And a sign ,half an hour before closing time saying " Take away only ".

Pesky customers shouldn't be allowed to impede the leisure time of staff .

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They do it everywhere .

> Thought it was just us old people who couldn't

> cope with it .

> I always personally thank anyone who hands me the

> coins first .

Yes it happens everywhere and it clearly annoys all ages! It gets my goat even more when they sometimes place the till receipt on top as well!

Treading in cat poo in the garden three times this week and I don't have a cat.

Moos wrote:- how to tackle the seeds of a pomegranate,

with a darning needle one by one, they are a great silencer for children it takes ages to finish one half.

If you stand at the bus stop outside the Post Office on Lordship Lane, it looks like there is a bus coming.

But actually it is something red sticking out from a shop, possibly the newsagents, just up the road.

I have known this for years but STILL I THINK IT IS A BUS COMING!!

(6):)):-$

"Oh, I won't have a dessert, I'll just have a little taste of yours..."

No, that's not a 'just a little taste', that's just shovelling three-quarters of my dessert down your gullet!

(and for future reference, just because it was my dessert doesn't mean you've consumed less calories, OK?)

Grrr!