Adrian Crust is retiring and we'd like to honour him

Pugwash I'll put that out where is the 22nd meeting?

Otta and Red Devil don't do anything, don't say anything, don't read this thread. I personally don't know that anything other than a digital photo and a cake that I won't even deliver personnally: the Camberwell Force will eat it with their tea.

And I wonder who will be right you both or me in a few years for Mr Crust looking back

I can see it from both sides here. Otta & red devil are going with his wishes, which is good.

But you prefer to ignore them which is understandable.

Sometimes when people retire they don't want a fuss, don't want to be the centre of attention etc. It's just the thought/embarrassment of it.

Then when it happens and they get inundated with gifts and thanks, they are so grateful and appreciative.

I don't live in ED and don't even know him but I'm sure he will love whatever you do. And he'll have a wonderful retirement experience to look back on.

Just to clarify, I think cake / well wishes / putting forward for an MBE are all great ideas.

I don't think a party or going in to local businesses trying to blag free meals is such a good idea. If I was the chap in question, I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about that sort of thing.

But that's just my opinion.

I have written to Sgt Victoria to see if Adrian is doing the Street Meeting outside the mosque on NX Rd Friday 22nd 12.30 - 1.30, as I will take a long and early lunch break to come and wish him well.

I think if all of us who feel that Adrian has been an exceptional police officer, could recommend him for an OBE or something, this would be a good testimony. I have his Police number somewhere.

We have a history of exceptional bobbies in ED - George (cannot recall surname) who was stabbed in LL in 1985 and the local police all donated blood for him. The Ed Community Centre has a big event and raised nearly a ?1000 towards a scanner for Kings in Feb 1986 ( I recall this well as I had a 2 week old baby) followed by Mike Ward, Mick Bell and Adrian

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> We have a history of exceptional bobbies in ED -

> George (cannot recall surname) who was stabbed in

> LL in 1985 and the local police all donated blood

> for him.

George Hammond. January 1985.

John K

edhistory Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pugwash Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > We have a history of exceptional bobbies in ED

> -

> > George (cannot recall surname) who was stabbed

> in

> > LL in 1985 and the local police all donated

> blood

> > for him.

>

> George Hammond. January 1985.

>

> John K

He married our headteacher at Grove Vale. Nice guy.