Green and blue, water, and the law

• Administrator

Green & Blue emailed the forum directly and I am posting it exactly here:

Dear Forum

Can't post for some reason, but it is the Green and Blue gang here. Someone has very astutely ascertained that we would be here sooner or later, defending our water position and here it is.

I have no idea of why someone was refused tap water last night - it is not and never has been our policy. There may have been some confusion as we charge for filtered water - a very environmentally friendly option. Instead of trucking water in plastic bottles all over the place, we have installed an very sophisticated filtration system right here. The filters are changed once a month and while the maintenance of this does cost money, it means we can charge a lot less for the bottles and glasses. It also tastes like mineral and not tap water.

If things are really busy, we have even been known to give people filtered water when they ask for tap, but in the interests of not going out of business any time soon, that does not happen all the time.

We hope to soon offer a 'refill' system - you can bring a bottle in and we will fill it with our filtered water for a minimal charge. Fresher and environmentally friendlier all round.

hope that helps and apologies to the lady at the heart of the storm, but we are more than happy to serve tap water by the gallon if that is what our customers want!

very best wishes

the Green and Blue gang

The Green and Blue gang should rest assured that the 'lady at the heart of the storm' had a very enjoyable evening on Thursday, as did the rest of her party.

It should be known that the initiator of this thread holds a slightly jaded view of this fine eating and drinking establishment due to the fact that it does not source any wine from vineyards in the West Midlands.

TommyG Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It should be known that the initiator of this

> thread holds a slightly jaded view of this fine

> eating and drinking establishment due to the fact

> that it does not source any wine from vineyards in

> the West Midlands.

What?! Have Green and Blue never heard of nor tasted the delights of 'CHATEAU PLECK' (Mis En Bouteille au Walsall)?!

For shame!

I am catching up on the forum after being away for the weekend and what a lot to catch up on! I think it is great that G&B take the time to come onto the forum to respond to the point raised. I also agree with the point that *Bob* made on this thread that we shouldn't expect businesses to have to respond to 'every gripe at the drop of a hat.'

Unless I've misunderstood the purpose (if that's the right word) of forums like this, is it not for people to contribute in ways they feel able? Even if that is sometimes in the vein of the 'oo' and 'arrh' and 'well I never' type comments usually featured in 'water cooler' type chats. Notwithstanding the whole not saying anything that is liable to get the forum into legal hot water and as long as there isn't a consistent and sustained attack on ED businesses, my view is that many comments appear to me as a Victoria Wood-esque view of life.

I agree with many of the comments made in the other G&B thread that the forum is certainly a broad church and that some balance has to be found between a sharing of personal experiences, for which there will be much debate, and not completely trouncing both ED businesses and those who attempt to make fair comment about them.

I think G&B are really very good and they stock some fab wine, so much so that we took a selection of wines as a present to a wine buff in Manchester, on the strength of the fact that the selection is so good and unlikely to be found in great abundance at other wine shops.