The forum at the Festival Fair, this Sunday, Goose Green

I'll swap you 3 William Roses for 1 (rare) Moxon.

Back on topic though...

I too visited the fair, looked in on the Forum tent but was too shy to say hello. Also I didn't want to get beaten up as I was pushing a hated 3-wheel buggy at the time. Chili guy got some money out of us, probably because he was really nice to our toddler (who had just had her face painted as a cat), but also cause that Harrisa tasted pretty special.

I see that a "Green" shop is opening up next to SMBS food. Selling eco versions of the usual Lordship Lane fare.

It was nice to finally meet some EDFers! Thanks Mark for organising. Also thanks for letting the WI hijack your marquee to sell cakes. I mentioned to quite a few cake buyers how the WI idea started on the forum and they said they would take a look at this website.

The cake stall was lots of fun - I felt like the Clingfilm Queen after wrapping up so many cakes to protect them from the rain! Great to get to know some of the WI girls better and we had a good laugh. It was a good day all round.

Oh well next time Tillie, we did have a frantic scan for yourself and steph when I got back from the high st but noone could spot you through the solid sheet of rain that was tipping down at the time.

I can bring some more of the Dragon's Blood if you like. I had the merest tip of a spoon of it last night just to see if it's as hot as I remember. Funnily enough it was hotter!!

Also, jumping on the band wagon, feeling slightly ashamed that I havent mentioned it before, but add my thanks to Mark for all your hard work. It must feel pretty good to know that we would never have met each other if it wasnt for you!! Well done and many thanks again(tu)

Yup! Everyome seems to have had a good time at the festival, despite the weather. I looked out from the EDT's beer tent, from time to time, and saw lots of people getting wet, outside, and seeming to be enjoying themselves. If the weather had been brighter and drier no doubt there would have been lots more people, and they could have sat on the grass and sampled the food on offer while supping a cool drink.

Now, Southwark have done a wonderful job in dividing the Green into a 'peoples' area, say, and a Dogs Toilet. So, why is the Festival held in the Dog's toilet area, especially with children running around and enjoying the free space? I had a great time, but I'm just wondering whether it would have been as enjoyable if the sun had been out and I had sat on something nasty in the grass, or leaning back had stuck my elbow in something unpleasant.

I'm just thinking ahead to next year.