Gurkhas & Gordon Brown

Marmora Man

Absolutely, this existed under the Conservatives, in fact, the entry requirement has been more lenient under Labour.

There are some issues, which transcend party lines.

Duty and Honour are two.

All governments have a covenant with the military.

In very simple terms it goes like this.

We will go out and fight your wars and risk life and limb for you, in return we have an unspoken pact which amounts to an absolute duty of care to those in the firing line and in support of them, both whilst serving and beyond.

This ethical obligation goes back to the time of Henry VIII

This pact extends to those who, in service to this Nation, fight alongside us.

Unquestionably the Gurkha falls into that catergory and undoudtedly they and their families should benefit from the same rights and privileges as all other service personnel, including the right to reside in the land I and they took an oath to protect.

An oath incidentally, not to the Government, but to the Crown.

40,000 Gurkhas died in the line of duty and won 13 Victoria Crosses.

Gordon, listen to Joanna, do the right and honourable thing and YOUR duty to OUR nation.

Totally agree with the principle and the sentiments, but have found Lumley's performance throughout embarassingly grandiose. Government minister publicly deferring to celebrity - cringeworthy. Still, it seems to have worked so I guess I am in no position to criticise, after all I've never had a hand in changing government policy.

but have found Lumley's performance throughout embarassingly grandiose. Government minister publicly deferring to celebrity - cringeworthy.

absolutely spot BlueOne - lets sling her and her roses petalled butt out, unless she gets back to sitting in trailers and making us laugh with her acting skills.