North Cross Road juice bar

Sue

Sue

What I meant was I hope that I get asked in the future what I want in my salad. It may sound bizarre but I really was thrilled. I think they are still learning the ropes. It might also matter as to how busy they are. It wasn't packed when I was there, but then filled up. As I said in a previous posting, they told me the first time I went there that they wanted customer feedback. So go give it to them!

Well I think they may have got the picture when I asked for some avocado and then went wandering round the room looking for some dressing.

It wasn't very busy, it was in the afternoon.

Maybe they're reading this thread as I type!

Went in there yesterday, sat outside. It's very nicely done inside.

They have lots of highchairs, twins loved watching the 3orld go by. Having scrambled egg on toast and a boiled egg and soldiers at 2.75 apiece, at teatime, was great and i'll certainly choose it over bmc!

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a new venture by Pretty Traditional taking

> over the vacant premises next door. They know

> their veg but, I think, are still learning about

> catering / cafes. I hope they'll get there and

> wish them well.

Agree 100%, they're shop owners moving into a different type of business. Lovely people and I think the manager would be happy to take feedback into consideration. Maybe they're even reading this thread - would be great.

I've found them a bit slow at times but have only sat down for juice so far so can't comment on the food.

Went in on Saturday....busy but certainly not packed. Hope the owners are reading as there is a lot of improvement for them to make:-

1) ordered three meals. They all came at different times and the last one came when the other two had finished..

2) one of the ingredients had been left out of the sandwich

3) was told to be careful as the dish was very hot....well not sure that it had even hit the oven!

4) had to ask three times for a drink

5) when I got the bill I notice that the prices did not even tally up with those on the menu/boards...

it all looks very nice but certainly won't be going back in a hurry

I went in on Sunday for the first time.

Had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and crab and avocado salad. Pot of tea and glass of orange and ginger to drink.

Service very friendly and helpful.

Food was good. Generous portion of smoked salmon and perfectly cooked scrambled egg. Crab and avocado salad was again well portioned and the crab was very tasty.

It was nice to eat outside on a road that is not as noisy and crowded as Lordship Lane. The inside looked fairly spacious and done out well.

I think that this was their first Sunday opening and it was quietish when I arrived but was fairly full when I left.

I can see how there have probably been some 'teething' problems for others, but I think that it is a brave effort by the owners which will only improve with time and practice and it certainly offers a further alternative to Lordship Lane eateries. I will certainly be supporting it over the coming weeks and I wish them the best of luck.

Just as a comparison - I ate at the Mag yesterday. Obviously a different type of meal, but the green salad consisted of many different kinds of small, very delicious green leaves, with an excellent dressing.

Not a large pile of huge undressed oak leaf lettuce leaves taking up much of the plate.

And the juice bar is next to and (I think) run by a greengrocer!

yip i ate there yesterday too. the waitress was lovely and my goat's cheese salad was fine but the wait! 45 minutes and then my child's order was wrong and had to go back starting a tantrum. The same thing happened at the table next to me - hard to overlook since we were the only two tables in the place. the other table took their food to go because they had waited so long and i had to leave before my child's correct order arrived as she was becoming completely unpalatable. neither table was charged for the incorrect order but somehow that didn't quite make up for the stress!

i hope they get it sorted - really lovely staff.

We went for a coffee and pastry this morning and have to say neither myself or my boyfriend were very impressed. We were ignored for 20 minutes, and then were brought some substandard coffees. The naff decor, scatter cushions, pastel artwork and ear piercing, screaming toddlers left something to be desired. Does ED really need ANOTHER cafe? Bring back the Drum!

had lunch there, really good salad, yummy bread with proper butter, great coffee (hard to find a better one round here I think) and a lovely atmosphere. Good loos as well, which is always a good sign I reckon. I hope that they are a success, as I think they've hit on something unique. Thought the prices were reasonable too.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the quality of the coffee, cakes and light lunches offered here.

BUT - I had a swift breakfast last Sunday having ridden out for cycle ride and papers, just coffee (excellent) and toast & jam. Toast was sliced Hovis (bad), the "butter" some form of margarine based spread (worse). Jam OK but no marmite option - which would have been good.

Have mentioned this to the staff and hope, perhaps, they'll up the quality of the toasting end of the catering.

PS: Sourdough toast, butter & marmite at Cafe 2010 is brilliant.

But, but, three Sundays ago I had thick-cut toast from off of a real loaf in there. And butter.

Perhaps they had a very successful Saturday the day before your visit, and were left with the emergency bread for the Sunday. Doesn't explain the butter/ marge though.

Am I thinking too much about this?