Zone 1 - 2 monthly travelcard

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how much a monthly travelcard for zones 1 and 2 is from ED? It doesn't seem to give the option of a travelcard for just these zones on the Southern website (only all zones)

Thanks!

Before you shell out, it is worth checking that it is actually cheaper than a monthly train season ticket to London Bridge and using your oyster. I worked it out that that was actually much cheaper for me than the travelcard.

Only a thought!

Not sure how much it costs... but the monthly rail-only ticket is "East Dulwich to London Terminals", so by making one change you can also get to Victoria, Charing Cross, Blackfriars, etc. So getting one of those, plus pay-as-you-go Oyster for tube and bus could be a good option.

?55.30 for east dulwich to london terminals monthly season ticket - that's what it says on the southern webiste anyway. It's ?1.60 each way on oyster within zone 1 for the tube (that's what i need to do) so for me it's cheaper to get a travelcard but for some it works out cheaper doing it with oyster pay-as-you go.

where will you be travelling to fi85?

I used to buy a monthly card when I moved here 8 years ago until I found a combination of buses and walking was

a) faster (oftentime anyway)

b) cheaper

c) healthier

d) less hassle

I have worked in Tower Bridge, Blackfriars and Moorgate in that time and in all cases have stuck with the bus to Elephant & Castle (or Tower Bridge Rd in the first case) and walk the rest of the way

I'll be going to Farringdon so can just go to London Bridge and walk from there, but my boyfriend works near Oxford Circus, so its a bit tricker. He might be able to go to London Bridge then Charing Cross but just looking into the best options!

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The 176 and the 12 go to Oxford Circus as well

> although I would advise hopping off once over

> Waterloo/Westminster bridges and walking rest of

> the way as traffic snarls up too regularly

> thereafter

176 Currently stops and starts at Tottenham Court Road - I think its due to the works for the new crossrail link at TCR

Catalyst Wrote:

> > ?55.30 for east dulwich to london terminals

> monthly season ticket - that's what it says on the

> southern webiste anyway.

>

> It's not all that long ago that it was half that

> price.

it's a lot of money that's for sure.

I work in bond street and have just moved to ED (nearest station also ED) and plan to get the train to London bridge then ram myself onto the jubilee line. Can anyone think of a better alternative? In the afternoon i'll sometimes walk to charing cross but realistically i'm too lazy to walk it every morning. thanks in advance

sophiesofa Wrote:

> I work in bond street and have just moved to ED

> (nearest station also ED) and plan to get the

> train to London bridge then ram myself onto the

> jubilee line. Can anyone think of a better

> alternative? In the afternoon i'll sometimes walk

> to charing cross but realistically i'm too lazy to

> walk it every morning. thanks in advance

Not sure if this helps, Sophie, but i work nr Goodge st & i normally go to Denmark Hill to >>--> Victoria >>--> take the victoria line underground to Warren st- Oxford circus is 3 stops from Victoria, so that may be quicker for u...plus you'll get to see me growling at slow walking people & people blocking the stairs at Denmark Hill.

thanks Andystar. the thought of oxford circus rush hour in the afternoon is far too horrible but i will investigate your suggestion. I'm going to miss my gentle yet firm shuving of snap happy tourists to get them out the way when i attempt to walk through Piccadilly circus so witnessing your growling is very appealing to me.

sophiesofa Wrote:

> thanks Andystar. the thought of oxford circus

> rush hour in the afternoon is far too horrible but

> i will investigate your suggestion. I'm going to

> miss my gentle yet firm shuving of snap happy

> tourists to get them out the way when i attempt to

> walk through Piccadilly circus so witnessing your

> growling is very appealing to me.

its more of a pout actualy