Pussey Liquor bar new to the Lane

From a Pop Up site:

Pussey Liquor is a new 'permanent pop-up' at 71 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, with chefs rotating every 4 months, so essentially a new pop-up 3 times a year. First up, from the summer of 2015, are Smoke and Salt, who have been organising events through Grub Club and others for some time now, who will be serving up their creations from Wednesday - Sunday.

"A lot of you may be wondering what Pussey Liquor is with such a risqu? name. Well let us tell you it isn't what you may think! PL is a permanent pop-up restaurant on a 4month kitchen rotation set in the heart of East Dulwich.

Local girl, Chloe Gounder-Forbes, has built a platform for up and coming chefs to devise and lay out their own menus along with establishing a name for themselves. The first group of young talented chefs to collaborate with Pussey Liquor are called Smoke & Salt. Aaron Webster and Remi Williams combined have 10 years experience in fine dining and are ready to share their creations with you.

Devoted to growing, our micro-herb and veg garden is maintained on a grow-to-order basis from our kitchen and bar. As the walls say ?Please Don?t Ash In The Garnish?! Our team is also highly committed to supporting the underdogs; great and deep thought has gone into the wine list focusing mainly on rare, forgotten and indigenous grape varieties. Keeping in the theme of rotation, expect our drinks menu to rotate as well!

We shall leave you with our mantra, which is: Committed to producing, preserving, smoking and curing!"

Current menu sounds lush. See here:

http://www.smokeandsalt.com/uploads/4/0/3/0/40309377/smoke_&_salt_july_menu.pdf

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Seriously - they need to change that name. Might

> as well have called themselves 'Twat'.

Agreed - it's worse than cringeworthy. Naff and unfunny. Sort of thing you look at through the cracks in your fingers. Toe-curlingly awful, it makes me want to chew the arm off my sofa just thinking about it. Followed by my own arm.

I mean, who thought that was a good idea? It's just embarrassing.

Went to this place for brunch this afternoon (Saturday) have a lovely outside garden, clearly very passionate about their food and it was delicious. They explained indeed that the locality is permanent and will host different pop up chefs every 4 months or so.

Just had lunch here. It's spot on! I can't believe anyone is concerned about the name to be honest. The food is top notch, the drinks are lush, the two ladies running it are passionate and super friendly, it's a great looking venue. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for! People should Defo try it out and support this place, it's a great aedition to ED.

MattC2885 Wrote:

> Just had lunch here. It's spot on! I can't believe

> anyone is concerned about the name to be honest.

> The food is top notch, the drinks are lush, the

> two ladies running it are passionate and super

> friendly, it's a great looking venue. It's not

> cheap but you get what you pay for! People should

> Defo try it out and support this place, it's a

> great aedition to ED.

It's not cheap but you get what you pay for!

We see people post that a lot on here.. EDF

So what exactly does it mean. ??

What did YOU get, and what did you pay for it.. ?

DulwichFox

Really? I need to explain that? It's pretty simple. I paid a high price for high quality food/service. I'm not going to list what my party ate and drank. Too laborious and pointless.

I also don't think that's a comment that's used exclusively on here, it's a very commonly used phrase that sums up exactly the point that needs making.

Essentially I feel that rather than finding things wrong, get in there, try it and then comment on what you find rather than freaking out about the name of the venue.

MMhhm

Usually someone recommending a new place would give some sort of feedback on the food and what they would

recommend other people to try.. ?

Like what they had to eat which they enjoyed..

Like you say it was not cheap.. Would like an indication of what I might expect to pay without going in

and embarrassing myself with having to walk out after looking at the menu.

Are you sure you ate there.. Sounds a bit like a self promotion to me.. ??

DulwichFox

I had veal kidneys they were spot on.

My reccomendation for picking food, as with all things in life, is pick for yourself. Have a look at the menu, see what tickles your fancy. I would assume all of the food is good.

I'm positive I ate there. 100% in fact.

I thought that East Dulwich embraced independently run businesses. I certainly do, the only promotion I'm doing is that of a place I tried, really enjoyed and liked the staff. Trolling a place on a local residents forum, without even looking at the menu seems a tad ignorant to me...... but each to their own.

I've asked several times on their Facebook page as have others but the messages were deleted, she finally responded to me saying she'd deleted the posts as they were 'lowering the tone of her page' at which point I pointed out the irony and she still hasn't explained the grim name.

Continuing to boycott. I just hope noone i know in the area gets me mixed up with that Chloe.

Mustard Wrote:

> Current menu isn't much of a bargain.

>

> Those are West End prices.

>

> Has anyone asked them for the reason behind the

> name?

Surely by not responding, deleting your posts and claiming they were 'lowering the tone' (the irony indeed!) are not doing the business any good. I respect a business who can respond to criticism and also praise on social media. It would make me want to visit the establishment knowing they took their customers seriously. By deleting your threads and claiming YOU, the potential customer, is lowering the tone is one big smack in the face to us all especially when their name is questionable. I don't blame you Cedges!

Amen!!! Just walked past with a friend and said "have u seen that new bar called pussey liquor?! And pointed and all we could see was the cat symbol! Hmmm recon they are back peddling and realise what a ridiculous name for a bar on Lordship Lane. Soho maybe but not lordship lane lol

Whatever about the name - the food and drinks are fab. We went last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. We also particularly enjoyed the german sauvignon blanc and a delicious sparkling desert wine. Chloe seems to really know her wines. All of the food was delicious and interesting - the duck in particular was fab. Perhaps not the place to bring the kids - but for a fun, tasty night out I'll definitely be back.

Archived