Pussey Liquor bar new to the Lane

jenf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Now that you won't all have to clutch your pearls

> when you walk past, perhaps this nasty little

> thread could be retired in favour of one that

> features helpful, informed reviews from people who

> have actually eaten there.

No, I disagree, I'm rather enjoying the entertainment of Dulwich Fox continuing to make a complete tit of himself.

I think 9 pages of 'nasty little thread' could be expected when calling a venue Pussey Liquour. I don't think anyone was or is trying to sabotage a business, in fact the thread has arguably had a positive impact.

Opinions changed, users now saying they might try Platform 1, brand recall improved.

PS JenF - Shop looked super busy this weekend. Great atmosphere out on the benches too. :)

Cheers Baggs - it was a great, fun weekend with a lovely bunch of folk joining us for a drink in the sun (and the rain). :)

Hopefully this thread WILL have a positive outcome for Platform 1, with the name change removing barriers for those who had concerns. Personally, I'm with Keith Richards - "We are not old men, we are not worried about petty morals" - but each to their own. It's great to see so many people have enjoyed such wonderful experiences when they've dined there.

My issue is with the small but vocal minority on here who seem to feel obliged to find fault with any new business attempting to make a go of it. (I imagine Dulwich Fox to be the Miss Havisham of shopkeepers, sitting in his flat, surrounded by the detritus of businesses past, wishing ill on all the young upstarts... Incidentally, Foxy, the term is nouvelle cuisine, not "nuvo".) I note, Baggs, you "give it two pop-up residencies", even after Platform 1's name change. Why the ongoing negativity?

jenf Wrote:

I imagine Dulwich Fox to be the Miss Havisham of shopkeepers, sitting in his flat, surrounded by the detritus of businesses past, wishing ill on all the young upstarts...

Your imagination is Vivid.. Have you ever thought about writing a novel ?

.... and I do not live in a flat..

As for being a shop keeper ? I was one of the first when I opened a shop at 13 Upland Rd in 1993.

There were very few shops on North Cross / Uplands Rd back then.. I did not want to take on a 14 year lease

so I got out and the shop is now flats.. and I went back to Telecoms which is what I spent 40 years in.

So you see I gave it ago. I know the pitfalls. I know how difficult things can be. I've been there.

So to even suggest that I wish ill on any new 'upstarts' as you put it is-

Total ******ks with a Capital 'B'

DulwichFox

To: JenF

The winky-face after that comment was supposed to convey a sense of jovial sarcasm - notoriously difficult on the interwebs.

There is a fine line between having an interesting (and sometime constructive) discussion about the future of the restaurant industry, pop-up culture, and its impact on our local area and wishing ill on a local business. I am keen on the former, but not the latter.

NB. THIS POST IS IN NO WAY CRITICISING DULWICHFOX

Constructive Criticism like suggesting a name change. (under the circumstances) or removing the blank out

window material or having more regular opening times is not wishing a business ill will.

No ill will was ever intended and any sensible person would know that..

No one else who suggested disapproval of the original name got any stick..

It's just the faceless Anti-Foxy brigade having a pop.

How many of them have actually been themselves.. ??

DF.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Constructive Criticism like suggesting a name

> change. (under the circumstances) or removing the

> blank out

> window material or having more regular opening

> times is not wishing a business ill will.

> No ill will was ever intended and any sensible

> person would know that..

>

> No one else who suggested disapproval of the

> original name got any stick..

>

> It's just the faceless Anti-Foxy brigade having a

> pop.

>

> How many of them have actually been themselves..

> ??

>

> DF.

DF,

My response was to JenF, Not you. I have edited the post to make this clearer.

They just happened to be posted at the same time. The constructive criticism you mention is exactly the type of thing I meant - and feel is justified on a forum like this.

• 2 weeks later...