Roadworks in Lordship Lane at end of North Cross Road

Sue

bob Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Making the pavement almost twice as wide and the

> road twice as narrow ??????

That's what it looks like.

WTF?

And they now seem to have some sort of ramp at the end of North Cross Road? It looked at first as if they were going to close the road off completely (permanently) at the Lordship Lane End, given the changes of levels they have now introduced, but no - cars will have to go up. And then down.

Let's hope the end result is worth all this aggro to pedestrians, bus users and drivers over such a long period of time. Grrrrr.

Can James Barber please confirm that Nx rd is not to be closed off at the Ldship end?

To paraphrase Councillor Barber, the stated aim of these works is to make that area a nicer experience for pedestrians.

James has also stated that the new configuration will not in any way affect traffic flow.

these works are quite substantial yet there doesnt seem to be any clear explanation of what they are actually doing anywhere. You could definitely interpret them as closing off northcross road from LL permanently, but i assume this is wrong because surely they would have consulted on that?

Some time ago, when these works were first challenged Cllr Barber said the works were being done for safety reasons. many pointed out that the number of accidents on this road was exceeded by some way by other roads in ED. Cllr Barber then shifted his position and stated the following

"The NXR/LL has a number of pedestrian movements but primarily these works are to make this junction more pleasant and a better experience."

So there you go an expensive and deeply obstructive measure for a somewhat wishy washy reason. Cllr Braber has more recently stated that he is sure it will all be worth it in the end. Okay.

Charles Notice Wrote:

> 12.30 spotted 2 men in high viz jackets seated in

> a parked up lorry on NX road. Still there when I

> cam back

Well they may well be waiting for more material to turn up and everyone is entitled to a lunch break.

Like you said 12.30

DulwichFox

Are the pavements being widened for all the baby buggies?

If they are trying to change our car usage by removing parking spaces; give me a break please? I commute all week and it is a luxury to jump in the car and "do the rounds" on a Saturday. No, I don't mean one end of LL to another but into Crystal Palace, LL etc.

Finally, the work is taking an age!!

Went passed the road works 30 minuets ago still no work men on site, how can they be aloud to get away with this on a day to day basis do we not have council officers that are employed to see that work is carried out correctly and on time.

Bob S

healey Wrote:

> A couple of minutes inconvenience for a few weeks.

> Oh, the humanity!

>

The point is, that it appears to be taking very very much longer than it should be.

Inconveniencing, for example, people with mobility disabilities and parents with buggies/children who have to walk to/from another bus stop.

bob Wrote:

> DF I am certain you are correct but it is not

> helping us.

> Bob S

The point is Bob, Southwark Council handing out contracts to companies that can't meet targets..

Jobs for the boys.. Heads need to roll..

Foxy.

Also somebody with walking problems or on stick's will have to get off the bus by the fried chicken shop and walk up to get to North X Road market, or stay on to East Dulwich Police station and walk all the way down.

Bob S