Travelling to and from Kingsdale School

Hi Msgee and thanks for your reply, that all sounds great! There are a few children at Kingsdale that my daughter went to primary school with ( before our move) so she there will be a few familiar faces, like your son my daughter is also not the most extrovert of kids!

We are both very excited and can't wait for music activities to kick in!

And yes, I also saw the 70% pass rate news - is that actually possible! I am not particularly bothered by pass rates, as schools are about a lot more than academic success, but if that's the improvement they have made, then ... respect! (I believe that is the right term to use in London?)

Msgee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> my 6 yo daughter, visiting Kingsdale on an open

> evening with her brother referred to it as "one

> sick school"!

Morning!

Had to comment on the 'sick' thing. Thats so funny and really makes me feel old and out of touch! LOL

x x

Has anyone got info about the bus pick up times? I know we had provisional times in the orginal letter but the routes look as if they have changed quite a bit. I know there were staff testing the routes yesterday, but my daughter didn't think any info was given out. Anyone know different?

It starts at 7.00pm in the Upper School Library (behind the pod) and usually lasts 1.5-2 hours but depends on how many people want to speak. It only takes about an hour to work through the agenda but the AOB can stretch. As it will be the first meeting for many people, I expect there will be a large turnout. Luckily, refreshments are provided!

My daughter is loving the school bus - she was doing one way but now switched to return trip as well - I got the impression the school is worried about whether there's enough take up for the return journey. Hats off to the head though - he has been on her bus most days talking to the kids about how it's going and asking if the timing of the return journey works for them.

Yes the school bus makes things a lot easier. And I agree about the Head - this week my son came home saying the school has bought some new outdoor equipment and the Head and a Deputy came out at lunchtime and tried it out with the Year 7s. How cool is that!