Best Place/Area/Road to Live in ED?

Hi Peacem,

I've live in ED for almost 2 years so not so much a newbie however, I love where I live which is on Marmora off Forest Hill Road. It's ideal for me as I can either get walk to Honor Oak or get a bus to Pekham Rye. I dont personally prefer to live near the lively LL but is within walking distance. Ideally though Pekham Rye park is round the corner and with Harris school for girls availbale very close for sporting activities and and the newly being built Harris School for boys available for sporting activities soon I'm in a very lovely spot.

I've yet to get shin-diggy with anoyone on this forum but since living here I love it.

Be nice to you neighbours and have that community spirit and you will love it too....i hope.

There are always gonna be nice part and real crappy parts but home is what you make it unless somone cr4ps on your doorstep.....

Have fun looking.

Not so much ED Newbie

I think it's all very lovely and you can't really go wrong. I think you need to just go and have a look and you'll either like the feel of a road or not. I live on Lordship Lane, near Blackwater Street and I don't think it's too noisy. Good luck.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere too near a pub if you value your sleep. I would also nix living near a fast food restaurant, or any restaurant for that matter. Garbage equals more rats. Also check out the street beforehand to see if it is a cut through with speed bumps if you would be sleeping at the front of the house. The roads off Coplestone and Oglander are good. Everthorpe, Danby, Muschamp, Marsden.....but they are not strictly SE22. But they are close to ED station and a quick walk to Peckham Rye. Or you could go further into Peckham, off Bellenden Road going to PR station.

Barry Road is also one of the longest roads in East Dulwich and has MANY roads coming off it, so maybe the crime stats should be normalised for that? Honestly, some people have no grasp for statistics! These two murders were also between known individuals (the first a gang and the second, a couple) as far as I understand. So far I've heard of NO serious crimes against an innocent East Dulwich dweller, aside from the odd perry crime. Get a grip people!

Secondly, the 'nicer' the area, the higher the chance of burglaries, so if you're really concerned then you'd better just go live in a safe house somewhere are lock yourself in all day.

And if you are worried about burglaries, you're probable statistically worse off living in places like Knightsbridge/Chelsea than in ED.