Really good tomatoes

Mustard

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Eat them at room temp. Always makes them taste

> better.

I never ever put my tomatoes in the fridge, so you are preaching to the converted.

I want some New Jersey tomatoes, but it's a long way to go.

The greengrocer in Nunhead has good suppliers. I don''t think he goes to the wholesale market anymore. Its better when you can supply your own shop and go round tasting a tomato or satsuma before you buy boxes of them for sale.

The best tasting tomatoes I EVER tasted were from borough market when it was a wholesale fruit and veg market. They were ENGLISH and branded Dinky"s Minnies, Tillies and Dixies or some other mousey names with mousey pictures on the box.

The weirdest bag of potatoes came from HORSES BONES FARM of Romney Marsh, on the sack was their trademark a horrible horse skeleton. They were very good muddy spuds, and when we opened a the sack a toad popped out.

There is a fruit and veg shop on Lordship Lane, everytime I see there display, I want to rearrange it for them so its colourful, they stick all green things together, they could break it up a bit with a red onion or some carrots etc !!!! It annoys me .. no effort !!