Southwark council major works programe on properties - Saltash what a company???

We had major works in out block over 4 years ago. I disputed the standard of the work for 2 years. It took me that long to get a resolution, which was them knocking ?1,000 off the ?20,000 bill. We are now being told that we have to buy new front doors as ours are no longer fire compliant - they were in 2015 - but the council now say that they aren't. So I feel another long winded dispute coming on.

It has taken them three months to reply to one email about it. I do feel for the staff, they are massively under resourced and funds are tight. But if the standard of work isn't good enough, they shouldn't be paying out for it or taking your money for it.

We had Saltash back last month to look at work they said they had done.Some jobs had not been finished eg door eased but edge not painted, downpipe brackets not fixed.I also showed them a window repair that was now worse than before repair.I also went over work that they said they had done eg 3 metres of pointing but they could not show me where ,there were other items as well.We were charged ?450 for surveys.The Final Account is due in September.