> opposition... he has tremendous support amongst

> the public.. we should be hearing his views and

> policies. Not all this nonsense about his clothes,

> the sodding national anthem, who he shagged 35

> years ago, or things members of the shadow cabinet

> said in the 80s.

The media have quiet for a while

Obviously preparing for round 2

Frontbench is big - is that normal :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Opposition_frontbench

I have been bombarded by political stuff from people on facebook who I know are supposed to be at work. It is mostly left wing stuff (they are trying to convert me I think). If these people are so busy spreading the Corbyn message around on social media when they should be working (mostly in the public sector) then we will very soon be fubar (and of course it will be blamed on the PM)

Let's remember though that when he stood for the leadership, he probably didn't think he'd actually win it?

Personally I want to see him do well but it is absolutely right to say that he will have to compromise his personal stance on a few things to appease the party. Once there are some policies in place I hope the media attention will focus on those instead.

He has been forced to support membership of the EU as the party line. Trident is going to be a different battle but he might be best to let the party vote freely on that instead of forcing a whip that many MPs don't agree with. You can already see what's coming. He will compromise on things he doesn't personally believe in to bring the party together and the media will challenge him on that again and again. I don't care if he sings the National Anthem or wears a poppy or not. Policy wise, I agree with his stance on welfare, austerity, housing, jobs, trade unions, tax etc. I don't agree with his stance on NATO or defence and on Trident I have no strong feelings either way. It is very clear that the majority of Labour MPs don't share his views on defence and I suspect a disproportionate amount of time will be given to his difficulties negotiating around that issue. But on others things, I can't see why he can't bring the party to a united consensus. He and McDonnald I suspect, are going to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. The media will do it's best to scare the electorate out of voting for either of them.

The dead pig isn't really the story though is it? Lord Ashcroft is a billionaire with non dom status so that he can avoid paying his fair share of tax. Yet he managed to cough up ?8 million to the Tory party, and expected a high profile job in government for it. Cameron didn't give him that job because he was worried about the impact of his non dom status on credibility (and rightly so). We have to stop this ability of tax avoiding, self serving rich people from buying political power. It's totally corrupt. Labour were right to suggest a move towards ending non dom status. It's totally unacceptable in the present economic climate. And that is exactly why someone like Corbyn has gained support. The public are fed up of it.

Its set off twitter something rotten though.

Never seen so many pictures of pigs, miss piggy, peppermint pig etc.

Lots of people tweeting World politicians (Merkel and Obama/POTUS) in too - wonder what they think.

Imagine an Oink in a top level EU meeting.

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I definitely think the tide is turning on

> corporate interests. Young people especially are

> very clued up on how corporations buy politicians

> and legislation to serve their own interests at

> the expense of everyone else.

Curious as to what evidence you have of this (the assertion about corruption, not the views of the youth of today FAOD).