Calais / Calaid Donations by Friday 4 September

Tanqueray

Pommie, they'd been in a Turkish refugee camp for two years after fleeing bombing in their homeland. The conditions in these camps are not good, with new refugees arriving every day.

If you take a look at a map of the affected areas, ISIL have moved through an area half the size of Europe. THAT is why we are seeing a refugee exodus that is the biggest since WW2.

The teeth story is bullshit pommie.

http://jondanzig.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/misleading-claim-about-why-syrian-boy.html

This is where they came from, Kobane in Syria:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COHro7VXAAEPjJr.jpg:large

Loz, Re: Turkey assisting ISIL/armed groups/terrorists:

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/08/21/425661/President-Erdogan-election-instead-mandate-CHP

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/08/turkey-syria-sued-for-looting-aleppo-industry.html#ixzz3jT4MQDvP

Bombing the Kurds anyway, when they are on the frontline fighting (quite effectively) against ISIL is in itself, also assistance to ISIL.

Pommie. We have something called a welfare system that is supposed to make sure no-one a)starves and b)is left homeless. This government have by their reforms forced people into both of those situations. It's a completely seperate issue to helping geniune refugees fleeing war. But there are people, journalists and social service and health officials continuously lobbying government to try and make them acknowledge the harm they are doing to our own poorest and most vulnerable citizens. It's falling on deaf ears. And yes I do find a kind of hypocrasy in that a photo of a drowned toddler shifts public opinion and foces a government response, when reports of 40 - 80 suicides and the death of 2500+ people within weeks of being found fit to work by ATOS (figures the government tried to hide) has resulted in no shift of public sympathy and no shift in Ian Duncan Smiths policy or thinking. But there ya go. I of course have great sympathy for both our own poor and refugees.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is that enough, or do you need more Loz?

LD as you seem to have taken up a personal crusade against Turkey and it's actions or perceived secret agenda to assist IS, I would say this. Turkey has taken in numbers of refugees/migrants far in excess of the UK while the UK stood by wringing it's hands telling all and sundry it should do more to relieve the crisis. And while we're on the subject suggest you turn your vitriol against Hungary who have acted shamefully recently yet I hear nothing or very little by way of condemnation on here or anywhere else. Or how about the story that Slovakia will only accept Christian refugees/migrants, and that Poland favours same? Not heard much criticism directed in their direction. Is it any wonder Turkey has a deep seated mistrust of the UK and has had for decades. Over to you.

uncleglen Wrote:

> some people have longer memories....

> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mus

> lim-migrants-accused-of-throwing-christians-overbo

> ard-during-row-on-boat-from-libya-to-italy-1018402

> 5.html

What the f**k has that got to do with the Turkish state? Are you suggesting Turkey is in some way responsible? A tit for tat mentality at it's worst on display here. This thread started as request for donations and has degenerated quickly as is the way with many threads on the EDF. Given your comments previously on here I hardly think you're in a position to pass judgement on the lack of compassion and humanity shown by others.

I think that's a bit unfair Parkdrive. All that LadyDeliah and others have tried to do is give insight into the many impacts of ISILs advance. Of course Hungary and Poland are behaving shamefully, and they are being exposed for it. What people may not understand however is just what is going on in the middle east. It isn't just ISIL at war, there are other rebel groups at play, backed by regional governments, all adding to the instability of the region and the displacement of people, both deliberately and by default.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> I think that's a bit unfair Parkdrive. All that

> LadyDeliah and others have tried to do is give

> insight into the many impacts of ISILs advance.

LD was replying to a direct request I made for further information. Parkdrive attacking her for taking the time to find and provide that information is pretty unfair, to say the least.

Debate what she has provided, fine. But attacking her for posting it is rather out of order.

Loz Wrote:

> Blah Blah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I think that's a bit unfair Parkdrive. All that

> > LadyDeliah and others have tried to do is give

> > insight into the many impacts of ISILs advance.

>

>

> LD was replying to a direct request I made for

> further information. Parkdrive attacking her for

> taking the time to find and provide that

> information is pretty unfair, to say the least.

>

> Debate what she has provided, fine. But attacking

> her for posting it is rather out of order.

Utter bollocks , only a couple of items from a huge raft of items came from Turkish media, hardly a balanced view is it. And as for out of order, what IS out of order is the way the thread has been hijacked from a request for donations and degenerated to this. People may well want to get out of Turkey for a whole host of reasons but until the UK and other European nations can come up with solutions I suggest they stop mud slinging, finger pointing and concentrate on the human crisis instead of political point scoring. So far most of Europe and the UK have hardly welcomed these people with open arms.

I take it you are Turkish, Parkdrive.

The Turkish state's treatment of the Kurds has been well documented for years and I've dealt with Kurdish asylum cases, so have some background knowledge on this.

Not sure this is the place for a debate on this though and I don't have time to dig out all the Human Rights reports on the issue, so I'll leave it up to you to shout on your own if you like.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> I take it you are Turkish, Parkdrive.

>

> The Turkish state's treatment of the Kurds has

> been well documented for years and I've dealt with

> Kurdish asylum cases, so have some background

> knowledge on this.

>

> Not sure this is the place for a debate on this

> though and I don't have time to dig out all the

> Human Rights reports on the issue, so I'll leave

> it up to you to shout on your own if you like.

I see I've touched a nerve. When you can put forward a balanced view which isn't clearly biased I might bother to enter into a debate with you. Your biased view, is embarrassing . I'm aware of human rights abuses across the globe, and Turkey isn't alone here. The UK hardly boasts an unblemished record in that respect, and nor do many of the EU nations. I will not sit back and have your heavily biased view go by without comment. Why for example did you choose only a few, 2 I think, items in your huge list of items? Hardly balanced is it? As I've said previously, when the UK and Europe can demonstrate that they have taken in as many of these poor unfortunate people as Turkey has, then maybe I'll change my view.