Platform 1

lbsmith73

Just got back from dinner and yep, it's great. Feeling lucky to have food this good this close to home so well done all round.

Not cheap but decent value for this kind of food, and the wine is reasonable too. Will be back for sure. And I enjoyed my thai basil sour cocktail, sorry to the person on the other table who didn't after taking my recommendation...

Recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
Ate there last night with 2 friends and the food was gorgeous! Amazing depth of taste & flavours. We each ordered a different starter and main so we ended up trying just about everything and what a treat! The menu sounds very simple and almost plain but it is a very understated way of naming the delicious food. Highly recommend it! If you go make sure you try the chicken wing nibbles - one friend ordered more again for her starter they were sooo good. We also had fab vodka cocktails that are infused by the staff at Platform 1 (try the passion fruit infused vodka & champagne topped martini). All in all a lovely night out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ate here last week - completely echo the above. The food is amazing and you pay a lot less than for similar quality food in a central London establishment.

Both items on the bar snack menu are amazing - crisp kale with cod roe and also the chicken wings (thanks Dun for the tip!).

My friend and I both had the fried duck egg starter - it was fine though I wish we had tried one of the other options, as the duck egg was probably the weakest of the things we'd ordered.

For mains we had the roast duck and the arctic char between us. I reckon the duck was the better of the two.

I'll definitely be going back again before their residency is up.

What's the atmosphere like?

Because in previous incarnations, it has always seemed a very odd space, with the tables very close together.

I'm assuming they've overcome this somehow? I don't like to stare through the window!!!!