former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi thecaptain,

Buses in London are managed by Tansport for London and to complain to them - https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/default.asp?type=buses

Also worth considering complaining to London Travel Watch - http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/complaints/online - the passenger watch dog.

If you have no joy let me know and I can take up your case at the Southwark Tansport Comsultative Committee but itnext meets in February.

Hi gedwina,

Southwark Council highways inspectors were made aware by TfL buses of this work yesterday afternoon.

A highways inspector was due to visit first thing today.

The manager had a hunch it might be to do with a Southwark Housing project around 178/180 Rye Lane. I haven't visited the site to confirm if it is this location.

Eitherway, digging up the street is only meant ot occur after giving the highway authority i.e Southwark Council notice. We may have one part of Southwark Council fining another part of Southwark council for not following the rules!

As soon as I have more information I'll come back to you again.

gedwina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi James,

>

> Thames water are back on the corner of rye lane,

> any idea how long they are ping to be digging the

> road up this time?

>

> Thanks

Hi gedwina,

Council officers have suggested that the traffic jam was a combination of Southwark housing works with concrete being pumped onto site and a delivery lorry the opposite side of the road at the same time.

I've been assured that parking enforcement will be stepped up to avoid this occurence while ther designating loading bay for the development work is in place.

BUT please do keep me posted on this. I rarely travel along Rye Lane preferring Green Lane.

James Barber Wrote:

> New proposed cycle contraflows along Copleston and

> Oglander to fit with new junction with Grove

> Vale.

> I'm really chuffed that I suggested these

> contraflow as part of the changes to Grove Vale

> and they're now happening.

>

> Please see attached for plans - look at the

> bottom.

Shame you could not have got Oglander included in the CPZ consultation - as you seem to acknowledge it's link to Grove Vale and proximity to Copleston that is in it.

James Barber Wrote:

> Vale.

>

> bottom.

So how will you mark the cycle lanes? Copleston will have marked bays as part of the CPZ, but the equazlly congested Oglander is by some travisty outside the consultation but is equally congested.

The plans don't include a cycle lane as such, as far as I can see. Just a bike logo and arrow painted on the road.

Incidentally, James - the original plans included a shared use section of pavement at the Grove Vale junction but the document you attached doesn't mention that. It seems that bikes won't be permitted to cross the raised table section at the start of Copleston Rd though so do you know how they are intended to access Grove Vale?

James Barber Wrote:

> gedwina Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi James,

> >

> > Thames water are back on the corner of rye

> lane,

> > any idea how long they are ping to be digging

> the

> > road up this time?

> >

> > Thanks

>

> Hi gedwina,

> Council officers have suggested that the traffic

> jam was a combination of Southwark housing works

> with concrete being pumped onto site and a

> delivery lorry the opposite side of the road at

> the same time.

> I've been assured that parking enforcement will be

> stepped up to avoid this occurence while ther

> designating loading bay for the development work

> is in place.

> BUT please do keep me posted on this. I rarely

> travel along Rye Lane preferring Green Lane.

James, the cues on Rye Lane have been horrendous all week. You are looking at a 30m journey on the 63/363 from the Dunstans Road stop to Peckham Rye station - it usually takes 10 minutes. It beggars belief that this section of road (by the tesco express) is being dug up again.

James Barber Wrote:

> Vale.

>

> bottom.

James - I can't really see the point of this unless cyclists are legally allowed to exit onto Grove Vale. Why else would you want to travel south on Coplestone Road ? Unjoined-up thinking in my view.

James

From the TMO:

The general effect of the order would be to introduce contra-flow traffic working for

pedal cycles only in the following ?one-way? sections of streets:-

(a) COPLESTON ROAD, between its junction with Oglander Road and its junction

with Oxenford Street (currently one-way northbound for all vehicles);

(b) OGLANDER ROAD, between its junction with Everthorpe Road and its junction

with Copleston Road (currently one-way south-westbound for all vehicles).

Please note, however, that the section of Copleston Road between its junction with

Grove Vale and its junction with Oglander Road would continue to be subject to oneway

northbound traffic working for all vehicles.

These plans don't mention the 'shared use' pathway that was part of the consultation leaflet - that may just be an oversight but if not, it just seems to create a slightly pointless contraflow loop with no exit.

Hi Peckhamboy,

You're right this is very odd. The contraflows were one of my suggestions when the original Grove Vale plans we proposed along with contraflow out onto Grove Vale. In fact tat Puffin crossing should really be a Toucan crossing.

ReAlly not sure what has happened to get to this at best piece meal Implimentation but have asked and will feedback as soon as know what is happening.

Council officers have reconfirmed that Hindman's Road is meant to be swept every 4 weeks and litter picked every other day under the new reduced environment regime.

Many thanks for the kind resident on Hindman's Road who agree to provide a set of pictures for every day of the week before last showing that if litter picking was taking place no litter was being picked up! It proved the point emphatically.

Council managers have now stated "There has been no disruption to the service however the photos provided by your constituent clearly show that the quality of work was not to an acceptable standard and the cleaning operatives concerned have been spoken to about this matter."

Fingers cross this solves the Hindmans Road litter problem and other streets these operatives work on.

...unless you know differently...

I'm not in favour of unnecessary signage but that one is in a very poor position and I don't understand what it's meant to achieve.

So I can legally cycle from the road onto the pavement but then what ? Presumably if I were to turn left and cycle on the pavement along Grove Vale this would contravene the Highway Code. And how should I exit from this shared pavement onto Grove Vale legally ? Across the raised bit that is there for traffic turning in off Grove Vale ? Surely that would be illegal (and potentially hazardous). So I am supposed to dismount where the pavement reaches the road and wheel it across (if I am turning right) ? If so then what's the point of the shared pavement ? I might as well just dismount at that point that Coplestone/Oglander meets the pavement and wheel it across from there. The whole thing just doesn't seem thought through to me. There should be a dropped kerb to allow cyclists out and a pavement marking to indicate that cyclists are allowed to cycle across. Something like the one at the junction of Village Way and Halfmoon Lane is a good example.