former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

as an afterthought, I have often wondered why parks are locked at night. it is not difficult to find gaps in railings and lots of people can easily climb over the fences. those who intend to sleep in the park simply don't leave at lock-up time.

DavidH could you try to contribute without the personal attacks. Even if you don't agree with Councillor Barber, you can still frame your arguments civilly. Not every elected official is good enough to talk directly to their residents online, so we should respect that at least.

On the subject of closing the parks, I have always assumed it is not to keep the bad guys out, but to keep the good guys out, so that they don't get harmed by the bad guys. I could be wrong though.

What annoys me on the park issue is when St Francis Park closes early, well before dusk, because it has been rented out for a private party. This is usually accompanied by an over-officious suit with jangly keys yelling at everyone to get out. I suppose it's good that the council is able to raise much needed revenue in this way, but still quite annoying when I get kicked out of facilities I've helped pay for.

Hi eastdulwichhenry,

St.Francis Park is provided by Sainsbury's as part of the original agreement for their supermarket to be built.

The legal agreement states the park will close at sunset and open at sunrise. If someone tries to eject you tell them their in breach of Sainsburys Legal agreement. Frankly I'd refuse to move on principle but undersand reticence to do this.

Email me such occurences.

We need Sainsbury's to deliver a park of the quality envisaged inthe agreement.

davidh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> my observations to james barber were merely

> banter. we do know each other even though we do

> not share political philosophy. so myob, you two.

Maybe so, but we all have to wade through it!

Hi,

any possibility to have less flights flying above the people living in ED? When I am staying at some friends' houses in different parts on London, both south and north, it is nothing like that. Why is this part of London so exposed? Is this fair to people living here?

Thanks

Can I once again ask for something to be done for Lordship Lane's pavements.

Especially between Franklin's and Property in Dulwich.

Negotiating that area this morning with buggy and two kids just highlighted the many uneven surfaces, mis match of materials and huge puddles there are there at the minute.

Hi Luana,

I'd recommend you join Heathrow Action Campaign Against Noise HACAN who fight excessive noise for all Londoners. Our area is increasingly suffering aircraft noise. Partly because we're so close to Heathrow's landing flight path and partly because of London City Airport who are rapidly expanding and recently given rights to increase its flights by 50%.

Hi Mick Mac,

I was promised this pavement area - or at least the council part - would be puddle free and flat during the Autumn. I'll chase.

Hi Luana,

I've just received tihs email from the Dept of Transport I would encourage you to respond the night fligts consultation:

To: undisclosed-recipients

Sent: Mon Nov 11 11:15:31 2013

Subject: Night Flying Restrictions at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted: Stage 2 Consultation

Good morning,

I am writing to let you know that the Department for Transport has today published its second stage consultation for the next night noise regime at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted Airports from October 2014. The consultation can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/night-flights.

This second stage consultation follows an analysis of responses to the first stage consultation issued in January 2013 and this consultation includes a summary of these.

The consultation closes on 31 January 2014. Details on how to respond are included in the document?s executive summary.

We are sending this message to those who responded to the first stage consultation and other relevant organisations for which we have contact details, in particular those within the aviation industry, local authority representatives, airport consultative committees, environmental organisations and local community groups. As this may not cover all possible interested groups, please disseminate this to your own stakeholders with an interest in this subject. For those who do not have access to the internet, we will be happy to provide a hard copy of the consultation on request by emailing [email protected] or calling Colin Dunn on 020 7944 2216.

Regards,

Tamara Goodwin

Aviation Policy Implementation

Department for Transport

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Hi Mick Mac,

> I was promised this pavement area - or at least

> the council part - would be puddle free and flat

> during the Autumn. I'll chase.

Thanks James. Thats good news.

It would be nice if the relevant businesses also improved their frontage at the same time to be uniform with the paving - but they would probably tell us to mind our own business. :)

James, do you have any idea when the road works at the bottom of Wood Vale and Forest Hill Road are going to close? I believe it should have ended appx two weeks ago. The traffic jams backing right up to Crofton Park are becoming very tedious and it makes the junction with Brenchley Gardens even harder to negotiate... HELP