former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi James,

I wonder if you can assist. A planning application has been submitted and approved (14/AP/0780) to convert the upper floors above Foxtons into flats. We (and about 20 other families) live directly behind this property and I am dismayed to find there was no public consultation whatsoever on the impact of this development. I have emailed the planning department as the two telephone numbers lead to out-of-office voicemails stating no-one is at work until the 2nd of June. Are you able to find out why on earth such a significant development could possibly have been waved through with not a single attempt to consult with the people who could be affected the most? The scheme above Iceland has taken years and got nowhere and this one took barely 2 months. I am most grateful for your input and, of course, congratulations on your recent re-election.

Hi Worldwiser,

I am horrified that the council consulted with NO neighbours to this site and the application for 5 new flats above Foxtons. That they've granted permission based on no neighbours being consulted is appalling. I didn't spot any notice left on lamp posts in the area.

I believe the only recourse now is a Judicial Review to remove this permission. I don't have the resources to fund this.

I have email Gary Rice the dept head who signed this under delegated powers asking why no neighbours were consulted.

Did anyone see notices on lamp posts in the area?

Thanks Strae and everyone else's good wishes.

I was asked several weeks ago if I could find out primary school admissions maximum distances. Please see attached related to LA controlled schools.

I've also the ratio of applicants to places allocated as well.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am horrified that the council consulted with NO neighbours to this site and the application for 5

> new flats above Foxtons. That they've granted permission based on no neighbours being consulted

> is appalling. I didn't spot any notice left on lamp posts in the area.

It looks to me as if the planning officer's statement, http://planningonline.southwark.gov.uk/DocsOnline/Documents/361360_1.pdf, (excerpt attached) explains why this was not needed. It's a change of use application for which prior approval is only needed on points concerning traffic and highways impact, contamination and flood risks; and all of these points seem to have been considered by the statutory consultees.

I notice there is a poster on a lamppost at that corner soliciting comments from the public. I had not seen it until today.

It seems it is proposed to redevelop the rear of the offices into a series of roof terraces which will overlook dozens of properties. You cannot tell me that we do not all have an entirely understandable, legitimate and urgent need to be consulted. I actually have no principled objection to a redevelopment. However I would like to know exactly what we are all going to be looking at from our gardens and back bedrooms and have an opportunity to be heard on any inappropriate design features and potential loss of privacy. This would be entirely normal and appropriate when no change of use is involved, so why does a change of use exempt them from the normal consultation process?

Hi ianr,

it is hard to imagien 5 new flats not having a parking impact. And we know from other schemes that developers traffic consultants make unbelievably optomistic reports about this.

Hi worldwiser,

technically those roof terraces are already there. But clearly the hours they're likely to be used by offices are much less likely to impact residents than homes.

James, I know this is not your area but I heard from a friend yesterday that there is a little known small block of council flats by Bessemer Grange School, where most of the flats have been empty for 18 months. I think they are one or two bedrooms. In view of the thousands on the Southwark Housing List - perhaps some of your councillor colleagues could check whether this information is correct and if so what is Southwark Housing doing about if they are council owned.

Apologies for the delay - the elections and post election work has caused a delay in responding.

I have contacted council officials to ask if I can meet them on site to discuss this crossing and how we can make it feel safer.

The adjacent Puffin crossing, raised entry treatment and Lordship Lane 20moh have undoubtedly improved things. The 20mph of East Dulwich Grove will also help a little but this crossing still doesn't feel great to cross. Lets see what we can do.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> James, please would you reconsider having a zebra

> crossing on East Dulwich Grove near Lordship Lane?

> It is very hard to cross safely there - most

> motorists don't seem to recognise the Highway Code

> that states if a car is turning into a road that a

> pedestrian is already crossing, the pedestrian has

> right of way.

>

> Thanks.

Hi James

Is there anything that we as patients can do about the supposed retirement of Dr Sharma and the closing of Dulwich primary care drs surgery??

Hoping this is just a rumour, but fear it is not!!

With the bad reviews some of the surgeries get, I don't see how all his patients will find other drs!!!

Please advise, thanks

Worried patient and her whole family (3 generations)

Hi James, If you've not seen it already, there is a lot of concern in the family room over reports that Harris may have secured rights to build ANOTHER primary school on the hospital site (as well as the police station site). Please advise...

Hi Cora,

I've had a family weekend (with exception of a Council Assembly on Saturday during the day) and only just properly back on line. Let me take a proper look and post accordingly.

Hi Peckhamgatecrasher,

As phased right turn would required full signalling of that junction. To signalise I have been told several times would require removal of all parking in both direction along Lordship Lane of around 100m. It would also make it feel more like a dual carriage way. So I don't think that's an easy solution.

Would you like to attend any site meeting about this - if yes please email me direct so we can synch with council officers.

Hi PippaD,

I'm not sure what we can do if a doctor wants to retire except wish them well!

We could ask whether they plan to sell their part of the practice.

Can I ask that you contact this practice first to ask this question and tell me direct the answer in an email so we can then decide how to work on this please?

Hi Otta,

just about to take a look having been mostly offline all weekend.

"I am horrified that the council consulted with NO neighbours to this site and the application for 5 new flats above Foxtons. That they've granted permission based on no neighbours being consulted is appalling. I didn't spot any notice left on lamp posts in the area.

I believe the only recourse now is a Judicial Review to remove this permission. I don't have the resources to fund this.

I have email Gary Rice the dept head who signed this under delegated powers asking why no neighbours were consulted."

James ,sure you have been and continue to be snowed under but have you heard from Gary Rice yet ?