former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

James brought party politics into when he used this thread to link to his party manifesto, because an election is coming up, which is why a Labour councillor has had to reply.

James, you are very selective on which points you respond to. The idea that the current coalition somehow supports council housing more than the previous Labour government is a joke right? When the coalition have increased the discount on right to buy by how much? When the coalition favours home building by HAs over LAs? When the coalition has sought to remove secure tenancies and increase social rents to market value? When the coalition has cut the central funding to the decent homes scheme?

I'm not diagreeing that the whole E&C redevelopment is is cross party repsonsibility. The whole thing has been mismanaged and conflict of interest is also a cross party thing. All parties involved ahould be ashamed of the result.

But you stay silent on lies and scaremongering in Local libdem electioneering. Silent on the dabarkle of the repairs service......

The call centre and it's issues were well publicised at the time by the Local Press. The cost of implementation was high, the volume of calls processed low and poor value. The councils own budget books lists the cost of this venture (referred to as the contact centre) at ?13.7million being spent per annum to process just 2.4 million calls, across 200 services.

I agree with ruffers and have no desire to this thread into a hustings, so won't post on this again. You do a good job of responding to issues raised by local residents but just leave the party politics out of it.

Wouldn't it better if this thread could return to a much more helpful "How can I help you?" theme? Then those politicos and MBers who wish to debate election issues could start their own thread under the title "Our political opponents tell even bigger lies that we do", or some similar title.

Dulwich Park. Really interesting problem I was PM'd. Dulwich Park has a few disabled parking bays in the park. But no benches near any of those bays. Incredibly obvious problem once pointed out. The parks team immediately agreed we should have benches near those bays. They should be in place within 6 weeks.

Hello

I'm having a very frustrating experience with a bulk waste furniture collection - originally booked for 9 May and which still has not taken place over a week later.

I've written you am email today about this, I'd be really grateful for your help as soon as possible.

Regards

Julie

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wouldn't it better if this thread could return to

> a much more helpful "How can I help you?" theme?

> Then those politicos and MBers who wish to debate

> election issues could start their own thread under

> the title "Our political opponents tell even

> bigger lies that we do", or some similar title.

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi ZT,

> I agree and am resisting further response to PT.

Yet you're the one throwing political slander about in the first place James. Come now, if you didn't mean to get all political on this particular thread then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place or at least if you no longer wish to justify your comments you should withdraw them and concentrate on resisting making your own comments rather than "resisting" others.

Yes I'm sorry if it seems I am now dragging off topic, although I disagree I am as you are an ED councillor offering to help and people have genuine public questions you're choosing to ignore in the public domain, but you really shouldn't say off the cusp things without taking responsibility for your actions.

Hi KK,

I was asked questions which I responded to. Some questions are impossible to answer without being political.

But zebra crossings rarely have such political sides.

This area of the forum is meant for General ED related issues. The lounge or drawing room would be better for more political debates. Next time I'm asked a question which trigger all this I'll suggest responding in a more appropriate part of the forum.

So James, is this not using your thread as a political platform? This is certainly not ED specific either.

Renata

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi first mate,

> For our Manifesto please see

> http://www. southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto

>

> For our older people pledges see here:

> http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx .cloudfront.net/simonhughes/p

> ages/160/attachments/original/1393868415/Older_Peo

> ple_and_social_care.pdf?1393868415

Hi James. I went today to pick someone up from east dulwich station, and as I usually do, I pulled into Railway Rise (the small lane leading to Jewsons) to wait for them. About halfway up there was a man dressed in shorts and t shirt sat on a folding chair watching me. As soon as I pulled up he motioned for me to open my window and told me I could no longer park or stop in this road as the business who had bought the old garden centre had also bought the road so it is now private. There is some writing spray painted onto the old garden centre saying private road but nothing else. Do you know if this is the case and if it is enforceable? I pointed out some cars parked up but he said they were people waiting for tyres to be changed and that was allowed. It would be helpful to know as this is a handy spot to pick people up if they are coming from the station and if so, could proper signs be put up? Many thanks!

Thanks for the clarification James - much appreciated!

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi SebsC,

> The Garden Centre plot does include Railway Rise.

> The three houses and builder merchants have right

> of way.

> I'm afraid I don't know if parking restrictions

> can be enforced especially if someone is still in

> their car. I suspect not.

Hi James

What is the maintenance situation for the tennis courts at Dulwich Park? Courts 5 and 6 are getting a bit shabby - any chance of at least reprinting the lines? I realise not a huge priority but would be a cheap way to make them a bit nicer.

Thanks

hazwald

James, please would you reconsider having a zebra crossing on East Dulwich Grove near Lordship Lane? It is very hard to cross safely there - most motorists don't seem to recognise the Highway Code that states if a car is turning into a road that a pedestrian is already crossing, the pedestrian has right of way.

Thanks.