Republic of Ireland v Italy - Who is watching where?

SeanMacGabhann

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Why monica, you are growing on me.

> >

> > I remember my T-Shirt from the 1994 World Cup

> >

> > "Ireland 1 Italy 0

> > Pizza Cake"

> >

> > You like it?

> Lol Mick and thats all you have to gloat about, I

> remember way back yonder in 2006 when we won the

> World cup, am I still growing on youB)

It was the Andytown bit I liked most. Bit of Italian never goes amiss though.

Lo Mickmac you have been reading my posts. There is a lot of Italian In Andytown, now what is the name of the Italian ice cream parlour on the Andytown Road opposite Dobbins and the PD.

Bloody Italians were crap tonight, I think il revert to my Spanish mother's side.

A small but knowledgeable turnout - I got caught out by the standing for the anthem thing. Thoroughly enjoyed a good game in good company without the tension of being too involved (unlike everyone else in the Castle). Shocking defending for the last goal everyone in the Italian half. Hope Ireland win their play off for some repeat nights next summer!

unfortunately just found the play off draw is seeded so likely to play russia france croatia or greece. Will be a big ask and the play offs have been unlucky for ireland in the past losing against holland belgium turkey and another i cant remember. But hopefully they will be fortunate this time.

I think the team to avoid would be Russia. France might be beatable, they seem to have lost their way over the last 2 years, but Ireland would be big underdogs. Croatia would be tough too. Greece would not be easy. In fact, lets face it, we are buggered.

It would be nice if we qualified automatically and it would be even nicer if we copped on enough to stop giving away soft late goals

But, undefeated in a tough group, we tool teh world champions to a close game home and away - we SHOULD be looking at countries like Russia, France et al as beatable

Even if we haven't beaten a top-flight team in 8 years....