After School Clubs for kids

Hi I am a stepmum to a 12 year old girl who has weight and confidence problems, as she doesn't live with my husband and myself we can only control a certain amount of her food intake but we can ensure that she is kept reasonably active given homework etc, but I am having problems finding clubs she would feel comfortable going to and enjoy attending, we are presently attending MENDS with her but would like to extend this to further activities such as dancing, drama or just a youth club for younger children (I have found a couple of youth clubs but they allow kids/young adults up to 19 which is a bit too old) can anyone help out do such clubs exist and where can I find this information out, as she lives in the Lewisham borough and goes to schoool there we would prefer her to go to the clubs in southwark and would prefer Dulwich so that we can give her dinner ensure any homework is done and to attend the club before returning her home to her mum.

There's a youth club for ages 11-14 on friday nights 7.30-9pm run by a local church just off Gowlett Road. You don't have to be a church-goer to attend and it's very inclusive. The people who run it are lovely. PM me if you want a contact number.

Other than that, have you thought about Cubs (for boys and girls) or brownies??

Hi Michelle,

I thought you may find the below of interest although it is not an afterschool club...As it's short term event I thought she might enjoy it...I copied and pasted our original post. We will be running October Half-Term DANCE SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN & TEENAGERS - 2/3 DAY Course of Tap (Chris Ernest 'Tap Dogs'), Ballet, modern and Musical Theatre (Joanna Ernest 'Phantom of the Opera', 'Harry Potter')

Mon 26th- Wed 28th October (3 Days 6-9yrs)

Thurs 29th- Fri 30th October (2 Days 10-14yrs)

All Levels 10am - 3pm

at

Harris Sports Centre (Harris Girl's Academy)- East Dulwich

Homestall Road,

London SE22 0NR

Tel: 020 7732 2276

Following on from our hugely successful Summer Dance Workshops, we are now delighted to offer our October Half-Term School...We are very much looking forward to working with our local talent once again...A fantastic opportunity to experience a fun day of dance!

I hope you'll find something suitable...