Dead fox in my garden

Ah foxes are driving me mad. There are a few that just hang around outside at night, and then start yapping like crazy at in the early hours of the morning waking us all up. The other night they woke the kid next door up who then cried for ages. So sleepy, need a water pistol to get rid of them at night!

The council have got better at instructing the bin guys to put blue bags on top of the street bins so the foxes don't rip them open. Am very uncomfortable at foxes wandering in to the house, and don't like feeling I have to shut the door every time i leave the room in case one comes wandering in, particularly following the case of the babies attacked in their cots in east London recently. Also they chew toys/paddling pool etc in the garden, and we have to check for fox crap every morning before using the garden. I really don't like them.

At what stage does a population of animals become too big? In the burbs squirrels are considered vermin and can be baited I think - will that ever be possible with foxes?

NB I ask this in a spirit of enquiry - why are squirels and rats different to foxes in the way the council/public treat them, is not intended to infuriate the fox lovers or descend into yet another fox rant thread.

There was an article in one of the Sunday colour supplements (Observer?) last week about a taxidermist/artist - maybe you could get in touch with her and she could use the foxes in one of her installations :)

Would make a change from little feathery birds :)

She sells stuffed quail chick heads on sticks for ?300 :)) Honestly .....

And here's another idea ......

Thanks to Brendan who posted the above link in the lounge ....

That stoat beer is scary. I wonder if that still qualifies as suitable for vegetarians?

If you pee(boys only) around your garden, on your fences in in the flower beds the number of foxes(and possibly friends) coming into your garden will plummet.