Goose Green School - school tours

Goose Green is a happy, friendly, vibrant school which is "on the up".

Come and see for yourself at our open day on 9th November.

There will be three tours through the day conducted by the Headteacher Sharron Marland giving parents and carers the opportunity to see our school in action from Early Years (nursery and reception) through to Year 6.

The tours will start at 9.15am, 11am and 1.45pm and last about 45 minutes. Please note that the 11am tour will not include the nursery.

After the tour, parents of current pupils will be available for a chat and to answer any additional questions you may have and to provide coffee, tea and biscuits.

There is no need to reserve a place; simply turn up at the gates on Tintagel Crescent shortly before your chosen time and make your way to the school office .

We look forward to seeing you there.

For additional information about the open day and the school visit our website www.goosegreenprimaryschool.org

The lovely ladies in the office tell me that they have lots of people calling up about open day who have seen this post or the posters up around ED.

Hopefully lots of you will be able to come along and so even if you have done one of the small tours in the past do think about coming and having another look as it will be an opportunity to meet other parents of prospective pupils and parents of children who are already at the school

See you there

Thanks for letting me know about the open day. I am one of those Mums who is entering the minefiled of school applications at the moment and it is extremely confusing. I was working so was only able to attend half a session but from my limited time there found the school to have an extremely warm and friendly atmosphere with excellent facilities and space for the children. I was also extremely impressed by the head mistress who took the time to show us round. Also found the nursery extremely impressive

I couldn't make this as my wee son was poorly. I hope you can help me with a question goosegreenpta? My son is 3 in December, I have had his name down at Goose Green nursery since last year and I wondered a)When the terms starts for 3 year olds (his birthday 6th December when he turns 3) and b)How and when I have find out if has been accepted.

Many Thanks

Steph

Hi Steph, such a shame you couldn't make it and I hope your son is feeling better.

There will be other tours on the first monday of December and January (that is after the school returns from the christmas break)which I will advertise here on the forum so keep an eye out or visit the school website.

As far as I am aware your son is eligible to start nursery the term after he is 3; i.e January 2010 and then he would (if you applied and he fulfilled the criteria) start reception in September 2011. Give the office a call (after 9.30 is best) and ask Donna whether you have a place; if she can't help ask for the head of the nursery to give you a call. Or call in to the office in person.

It's a lovely nursery and very popular so good luck! If he does get a place please feel free to sign onto the pta mailing list to get a flavour of all the good and hard work that is going into improving the school and having some fun.

I attended the open day on Monday. It was a really good opportunity to see the school, and the head teacher Ms. Marland was very receptive and informative in answering questions and offering parents the opportunity to speak to her or other staff outside of the visit. I felt the school had a great nurturing atmosphere, the children were very well behaved,and the facilities looked very good. The PTA session after the tour was also a great idea as it gave the opportunity to ask lots of questions to parents of children there, and get a further perspective. If Goose Green is one of your local schools I would say go along to one of the next open days to see the potential for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback sleepy and sormina. There will be other tours on Monday 7th December in the morning and afternoon. I will post further details soon. The morning tour will take place after the monthly pta coffee morning which is at 9.15 and anyone attending the tour will be welcome to attend the coffee morning too.