Hurrah, it's back!

Hurrah! Very glad its back. I've missed it.

I am a VERY grumpy Mummy of one mini terror just getting over swine flu, and another with "ouchy ears". I don't DO lack of sleep.

I hate to say it, but sometimes I am very glad to shut the door and go to work instead....

oh dear Ive just managed to go through all posts (this only shows how I missed the forum!). Glad everyone is as usual, ie sleep deprived, knackered but happy.

lets make sure the new Family Room Admin never goes oh holiday, I wouldn't stand another loong two weeks :)

forgot to say latest update on mine is that he's currently trying to break some kind of poo world record again - having previously peaked at 11 in one day, he's currently averaging 6 - and today was 8! PLUS he's at that v wriggly/standing up/turning over stage where nappy changing is impossible. Thus: poo everywhere, nappy cream everywhere, cross mum, cross baby.

Belle - do the 'famous leg over trick'!!!

To change nappy;

Sit on floor on your bottom with legs out in front of you, in a V shape. Place baby at right angles to you, with your thigh over his chest to pin him down, and his feet in the direction of your other leg. You can then change him quickly and easily, with both hands free, without him moving, and even if he protests it will all be a lot quicker and less frustrating/traumatic than the general baby rolling and crawling away, poo everywhere, stressed out red sweaty Mummy thing....

Usually you only have to do it for a week or two and they stop playing up about nappy changes anyway because they realise you've got them beaten!

One of the best tips I've ever been given, handed down through generations of Nappy Ladies!

Molly

Tee hee Ian, sadly not in the same league - but as a parent probably much more relevant to day to day life, for a brief period anyway!

iaineasy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tha famous leg over trick?? Is that something I

> should teach to Anna should she be teaching it to

> me, is it in the karma sutra? I need to join the

> local library!

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this thread has brought a smile to my face and a little bit of hope! I was starting to think I was the only mummy in the whole universe that averages 5 hours of broken sleep per night, has a baby (10 months) that will not allow me to put their nappy on and has cut 4 top teeth in less than a week, and owns a boiler that is on the blink. Seems I am just rather normal after all!

Oh the joys?.! xx

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this thread has brought a smile to my face and a little bit of hope! I was starting to think I was the only mummy in the whole universe that averages 5 hours of broken sleep per night, has a baby (10 months) that will not allow me to put their nappy on and has cut 4 top teeth in less than a week, and owns a boiler that is on the blink. Seems I am just rather normal after all!

Oh the joys?.! xx

yes indeed skye! the good news is I've tried molly's famous legover trick (!) and it works a treat! So much so that two n london mums i was hanging out with today were both converted by seeing it in action. husband just gave me a weird look...

yes indeed skye! the good news is I've tried molly's famous legover trick (!) and it works a treat! So much so that two n london mums i was hanging out with today were both converted by seeing it in action. husband just gave me a weird look...

Hey!

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! I will be trying that nappy trick...hmm...in approx about 2 hours, when I am sure Little Miss will wake up! But for now, it's wine-o-clock and my woes are at the back of my mind...for now that is.

Hey!

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! I will be trying that nappy trick...hmm...in approx about 2 hours, when I am sure Little Miss will wake up! But for now, it's wine-o-clock and my woes are at the back of my mind...for now that is.