Dog poo (on Ondine rd)

halicon

and there I was thinking there was always room for a little bit of light hearted humour on the forum Y'man........

Y'man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Nappy Lady Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ......or if you're not that bothered about it

> let

> > me know where you live and I will send the dog

> > round to your gaff next time she needs to

> 'go'!!!

> >

> > :-)))

>

> ....And then the point was ruined, the topic

> subdued, shame.

Hi the council website lets you report as much as you can about it and who.

We would really appreciate knowing who it is and their address so we can sort it out!

Loads more today on the road ended up on scooter, floor and some other poor peoples shoes!!

Thanks

i live on adys road and in the mornings find it funny that after the school run there seems to be much more poo locally maybe its its the mums bringing the kids to and from school who cant seem to find the time to clear up there dog mess, its funny there seemed a lot less on adys, ondine and oglander when its school holidays. Also the lady in the mobility scooter likes to leave her dogs mess but she got a fine recently so that might change her mind on clearing it up

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

I couldn't resist joining this thread, because it comes close to whether or not you like dogs.

I don't!! Im a long time runner, I have spent years running around local commons and I am sick of dealing with yappy uncontrolled dogs ("He's really very friendly" say the owners.)

There are MANY more pet dogs around now, than decades ago. Interestingly, Morden Hall Park (where I used to live and run) made an asessment of the effects of dog "visits" to their ecology. They estimated a half a million dog "visits" in a year, and total "droppings" of many tons. Since the habit of most dogs (owners) is to poo on the margins soon after arriving, it meant that marginal bio environments were adversely affected through being over enriched. This altered the ecology and insect life etc.

On a less "anoracky" theme, if children were to run around parks baring their teeth and threatening people and then poo'ing everywhere, they and the parents would soon be in doo dah (geddit!). So why do we allow dogs to do it??

and don't even get me started on Goose Green (an extended dog toilet).... and trophy dogs,....and fighting breeds.....

cassidy Wrote:

> i live on adys road and in the mornings find it

> funny that after the school run there seems to be

> much more poo locally maybe its its the mums

> bringing the kids to and from school who cant seem

> to find the time to clear up there dog mess, its

> funny there seemed a lot less on adys, ondine and

> oglander when its school holidays. Also the lady

> in the mobility scooter likes to leave her dogs

> mess but she got a fine recently so that might

> change her mind on clearing it up

Which lady - the one with the wire haired hot dog?

Hi,

Your post on joggers hit a nerve. Can't say how many times I've been startled by a heaving, grunting jogger that has suddenly burst out of the undergrowth at full pelt- generally plugged into a phone or similar, oblivious to everything, totally focused on the mission to run from A-Z come what may, and boy, you'd better get out of their way, 'cos they ain't changing their course of direction for anyone. All that lycra and pounding away on the local flora is sooooo eco friendly!

Oh well, case of live and let live I guess.

i live just off ondine road and recently i've woken up (daily) to a new deposit in my front garden. I think it's a fox though? Any ideas how to put foxes off using my front garden as a loo. It's too much for it to be a cat and always done overnight so i dont' think it's a dog...

.. i put bleach down but that hasn't worked :(

i feel for you all clearing it off your kids shoes - it's disgusting - i'm due to give birth next week and it's making me gag each time i have to clear it up

To get rid of fox pooh you'll have to get rid of the foxes. Pooh is part of nature and is used by most mammals to mark territory and communicate rank and gender. Some might suggest hiring a good marksman/woman or a really strong poison. of course I would advocate neither. Clearing pooh up is a nuisance and, of course, where dogs are concerned best done by the owners. With foxes, birds (you can catch nasty things from bird pooh too y'know) etc.. we just have to all get on with it.

first mate Wrote:

> Hi,

>

> Your post on joggers hit a nerve. Can't say how

> many times I've been startled by a heaving,

> grunting jogger that has suddenly burst out of the

> undergrowth at full pelt- generally plugged into a

> phone or similar, oblivious to everything, totally

> focused on the mission to run from A-Z come what

> may, and boy, you'd better get out of their way,

> 'cos they ain't changing their course of direction

> for anyone. All that lycra and pounding away on

> the local flora is sooooo eco friendly!

>

> Oh well, case of live and let live I guess.

Thats what I wanted to say, but you put it better than me. I am a woman and sometimes jump out of my skin when they come up so bloody close behind me:'( Whilst walking with a woman friend of mine and her retreiver a few years back, a jogger ran right up behind us, totally in our space and her dog barked at him, she was protecting us and he had the gall to moan about the dog:'(

ah this is a thread i've been meaning to start for ages! I live on Ondine Road and every single frigging morning wake up to a new poo deposit in my front garden. I can't work out if it's the cat next door or a fox, any tips on how to tell? I've tried anti-fox powder stuff from the garden centre, bleach, chilli seeds, rose thorns and the b*****d thing is still intent on fouling my garden. i will now try vinegar too!

TheAllSeeingEye Wrote:

> Ban dogs from Ondine Road, this would reduce the

> problem Im sure :-)

And Heber Road too! To the person who walks their large dog (given the size of the excrement!) outside the school if you can't be bothered to pick up after your dog then I'd be happy to take a dump on your doorstep! Pathetic lazy w****r!

I notice on Oakhurst (East Dulwich road side of the bollard thing) there is always a massive crap in the same place, so massive in fact it looks like an elephant could have done it.. Example sat morn take my dog out for a walk and there is a hUGE poo there, sat afternoon on way back from winter wonderland no poo, sunday morning on way to walk dog there is one again in the same place..

I clean up after my dog every single time she takes a poop and truly its just not that hard so I dont understand why some others dont do the same!