The Ivanhoe (Hoopers) - East Dulwich, Peckham or Camberwell?

My friend says he saw Alan in the Canning last week - brandishing an Uzi and talking about someone dizrispektin him.

I can only hope Mockney doesn't go down in hail of bullets.

Still, it's only gangstas killin' each other , innit?

you're all raving mad.

i was born in a london post code and lived in london post code area all my life. have nothing to prove to anyone so don't care what my post code is, just whether the amenities are good.

but if you want to be a true londoner you would be mortified to admit that you lived in an area with a code as high as 22. se22 is just embarassing if you are really up with london bull, oh and an 020 8 number, forget it, you're in hicksville.

so i'm pleased to be in se5 with 020 7 but it really means nowt to me as i never go to camberwell, known as the maudsleys out patient room in our household. lived there for years before moving but why walk for over half an hour to butterfly shopping centre when in 15 i'm on LL?

hoopers is a great local, the kind of place that half the forum cries about losing in se22, so put your money where your moan is and support a truely independent pub.

p.s. most snobs in clapham claim to live in battersea...

just been there for a lovely lazy bank holiday pint in the sun. as i looked out i could see over the road a sign with se15 written on it ... should we include peckahm then? does it make it part of the bellenden regen ... or is this area soon to be renamed the post code cross road?

let's see what foxtons come up with...

well it was quiet in there, but we sat outside. as it's an old style pub when i do go there and it's quiet i'm never that bothered, it doesn't have that feel of an empty cool bar when you feel like 'i'm i the only one that doesn't know when the party is on?' Plus the land lord/bar staff are always up for a chat. they also have wifi in there which is handy when i want to get away from la famille down the road...

"but if you want to be a true londoner you would be mortified to admit that you lived in an area with a code as high as 22."

The number in your postcode isn't an indication of how far out you live - I believe it's alphabetical, or was originally, so SE3 (Blackheath) is followed by SE4 (Brockley) then SE5 (Camberwell), SE6 (Catford) etc.

i know, i know, as the tube map proves london town planning has had nowt to do with real geography.

post code / phone code envy is a great london thing and all the jazz that goes with it is classic. on that note, did you know that nunhead is the smallest post code district in london?

i was heartened to see that outside westminster on a mark thomas organised mass demo there were a group calling for the end of using 0208/0207 because as any true londoner will know (nod to posts above) it's 020 the code and nowt else ...

but daaaaarling, i do so miss the days of 01 for london.