So, what's in the bottom of your cosy toes???!!

Due to a puncture in my Phil 'n' Teds I used my old Bugaboo the other day with a buggyboard, and when walking down the street folded down the hood only to find a HUGE scary spider complete with funnel type web hiding in there. It has a cosy toes which has been on there for 2 years, I'm too scared now to open it up just in case the spider's family are living in there!

Had to put on my best brave Mummy act to avoid traumatising the kids, and typically the one time a stick as a "present" from my son would have been useful he couldn't find one! Horrible.

Oh my God! About a month ago my son and I had gone about twenty feet out of our house when an enormous spider crept out from under the hood of his jacket and onto his shoulder. I yelped and tried to tug him quickly out of his coat, while he protested and wriggled, and then I gave up and just swiped the spider onto the ground. And then remembered that I'm officially not scared of spiders and said as casually as I could manage Oh look sweetheart, a spider. Don't think he was fooled, my hair must have been standing on end.

hah - recently I thought I'd lost our Sophie the Giraffe, and given how many people in Dulwich seem to have one I didn't hold out much hope of it tracking it down (it's amazing Lordship Lane isn't paved with Sophies frankly). Anyway I'd just put one into my Amazon shopping basket when the same night I decided to wash the buggy snuggle...only to find Sophie lurking in the bottom. I think my reaction was disproportionate, especially when my husband pointed out dear son is apparently indifferent to Sophie but I've grown quite attached...

spider story is like a nightmare - I know I'd scream. The o ther day a sleepy wasp landed on my son's shoulder in pram and I screeched to a halt and tried to calmly but hastily get rid of it without either of us being stung - was so annoyed baby too young to appreciate the bravery!

OMG Pickle, just think - if a spider inside the cosy toes then your poor youngest has had their feet in there with it!!!!

But hang on, as someone with NZ origins are you not supposed to be good with bugs and stuff, or is that only Aussies? Think maybe NZ is a bit more civilised in that respect.

Snowboarder - now have hilarious image of you being at 1 o'clock club or similar and cat suddenly appearing from out of your buggy, having been curled up asleep and inadvertently taken out for a 'walk' with mini Snowboarder!

Five pound note is a result though...do you think mini SB has been taking lessons from Fagin?!

Molly

Cat would come with us if he could. He likes babies. He especially likes babies that have snacks and messy fingers - I turned round yesterday to see him on the high chair tray LICKING babySB's porridge covered hands. Baby was laughing and saying OOOOOOO....

Fiver is me. Like to have cash tucked away in case of emergencies. My husband actually likes doing the washing as he often finds lots of money...

NZ is relatively evil bug free, thank goodness. I blame my Nana for my disproportionate fear of anything with eight legs! Will be brave at lunchtime and investigate the buggy snuggle (need to get it washed anyway as about to sell the beloved Bugaboo).