What's a good bar/pub for a first date?

hatedmartyr

Hi, we've agreed to meet in East Dulwich for a date one weekend- meeting late afternoon at the station, are there any places nearby that people would recommend? Obviously I was thinking of a place where there's a good atmosphere but not too loud all the same (no live sports/screaming kids/really loud music, etc, etc)

Any ideas?

any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not familiar with the area at all.

Hi, we've agreed to meet in East Dulwich for a date one weekend- meeting late afternoon at the station, are there any places nearby that people would recommend? Obviously I was thinking of a place where there's a good atmosphere but not too loud all the same (no live sports/screaming kids/really loud music, etc, etc)

Any ideas?

any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not familiar with the area at all.

After declaring an interest because I help run it, how about Green & Blue? I think we have a nice vibe, music but not loud, wine is not too pricey IMO, all seating so easy to chat and no being pushed about at the bar, lots of nice food to nibble. If it is a weekend you will need to book though. We do seem to have more female than male customers so its obviously a hit with the ladies!

If you're after somewhere you can chat, impress with your knowledge of wine, looking for somewhere relaxed with the option to suggest dinner if all's going well, go for Green and Blue.

If you'd rather start with a drink and don't mind raising your voice somewhat, go to the Bishop, to show how 'down with the kids you are'.

Good luck. If all else fails there's a Domino Pizza near the station!

Well you guys have been a lot of help. This poor chap/lady is going on a first date in a strange area and as if those two prospects aren?t daunting enough you have gone and confused matters more by recommending a range of every possible venue in town.

Allow me to add to the confusion. I would recommend the exact opposite to Mick.

If your date is male take him to the Gowlett. It has good beer and good pizza.

If your date is female take her to Green and Blue as chicks seem to dig it there.

Although this could just be me allowing lazy gender stereotypes to guide my judgement on what people will like.

Brendan Wrote:

>

> Allow me to add to the confusion. I would

> recommend the exact opposite to Mick.

>

> If your date is male take him to the Gowlett. It

> has good beer and good pizza.

>

Mine was obviously tongue in cheek Brendan. Amd anyway if it goes well, she should be prepared for the future - Friday nights in the Gowlett eating pizza by the bar, watching her new boyfriend playing pool. Should work a treat. I always think the less time spent talking to each other the better these relationships prosper.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, fortunately I didn't need any exit points and yeah I'm a bloke; and the date went pretty well in the end, we started off at the Black Cherry which had the kind of atmosphere I was looking for. We then moved onto a little authentic Italian restaurant near the station which had a different but cool; mission accomplished,

So now I gotta think about what to do for date number 2!