help with car insurance suggestions

haselbury

I'm sure - as the 'careful lady owner' of a small car - that Saga charging me car insurance of about ?500 is a ripoff - they say it's because of the SE15 postcode. I really want to know if this is true - what are other people paying? fully comp, long no claims history - anyone got views or info that would help please?

haselbury Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sure - as the 'careful lady owner' of a small

> car - that Saga charging me car insurance of about

> ?500 is a ripoff - they say it's because of the

> SE15 postcode. I really want to know if this is

> true - what are other people paying? fully comp,

> long no claims history - anyone got views or info

> that would help please?

Spend 10/15 minutes getting some quotes: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/

Loyalty to insurers/banks died about 20 years ago. Most insurers now even charge renewal fees of ?50 or so in addition to hiking up your premium by 100% in many cases.

saga and the AA's car insurance quotes are a joke! last year I checked prices on a comparison website but finally went with the co-op. not only was their quote lower but I also got another 10%discount for holding a co-op membershipcard and ?50 worth of instore food vouchers. No harm in checking them out. Good luck

Insurance quotes are ridiculous, full stop. A few years ago I did the comparison site thing, and found one of the cheapest was my current insurer - offering a good 20% lower than my renewal notice. I rang them up and the person in the callcentre sheepishly said she couldn't match the price, even though it was the same company. She advised me to buy the 'new' policy and let my old one lapse.

Do google customer reviews as well as price.

I always do a price comparison at renewal, but I choose to stay with my current insurer because although a bit more expensive they have much higher ratings for customer service.

I do always phone them to try to get them to reduce the cost. Sometimes it works!

I spent 3 hours of my life last night getting car insurance Saga was a staggering ?1236 ! I finally got one down to 506 then in the end got my husband to do it with me as a named driver for 398 . Someone ran into my car while stationary last year, but it still affects the insurance, they wrote our car off as well so we have lost out all ways.Insurance is a joke.Used go compare who were cheaper than the meerkat one, even though same companies.