Want to meet a group playing board games? Every Thursday 19:45 in The FC Wellbeing Cafe

A few weeks late to the party, but I'd love to join in this week. It looks like I can make it - is it still 8pm?

What have you been doing so far, just bringing along a selection of games each and then voting on which one to play? I've got some standard games like Monopoly, and also have Carcassonne(more complex end of the spectrum) and the Game of life (wonderfully simple & American 60s game) to throw into the mix. I do love a good board game!

Hey Lazero,

Yes, do come. 19:45/20:00. If we're playing by just after 20:00, we can usually get two games in.

Please do bring Carcassonne! It made an appearance last week but didn't get played. Although the more complex of the three you mentioned, it still seems very accessible (5 min teach time) and easy to understand (though maybe not to master!).

Cheers

Brad

Sadly can't do this week, thanks to work. The next two are also already out, but I'll target 10th March (and then hope to improve my attendance rate). That's certainly no indictment of my first session as I really enjoyed it, despite my losing streak.

I should have reacquired my Colt Express and Camel Up by then.

Hello everyone!

This group is fabulous! This is possibly a tenuous link, but we are Zoe & Leon from WordPlay, and we run Radio-Drama-Making-Workshops in East Dulwich and surrounding areas. Our next adult workshop (12th March) is all influenced by board games! I thought this might be just up your street! In groups, we challenge you to script a radio play (inspired by your favourite board game), then you pop into our pop-up radio studio and broadcast your radio play LIVE on air! This will also get recorded for you to listen back on our website. We provide people with DIY sound effects, but also encourage people to make their own.

Our Board Game Edition is being held at The Field - a community run space in New Cross on Saturday 12th March 7pm-9pm:

The Field

385 Queens Road

New Cross

SE14 5HD

I have attached a poster for the event.

If you fancy it, tickets need to be bought in advance - just so that we can keep an eye on numbers.

Entry costs ?5 and you can get your ticket from our website www.wordplayeducation.co.uk/events

or feel free to email us on [email protected] for more info.

Perhaps this might be nice for some of you to come together as a group? (We split groups into 4 people).

BYOB and snacks if you get peckish!

We hope to see (and hear) you there!

All the best,

Zoe & Leon