Sticky rice

jimmy two times

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Daizie are you referring to Uncle Ben's microwave

> rice that you can leave in sachet and takes two

> minutes?

Yes, the orange packet jimmy jimmy, i cant taste the difference after a 1.5ltr bottle of Hock

If you eat rice more than once or twice a week, get a rice cooker (ignore *Bob*, follow the rest of the rice-eating world)

If not, give it a rinse, equal volume of rice and water, up to the boil, lid on, turn it right down and wait for 15 minutes or so. When there are little holes in the surface of the rice, turn it off and leave it for 10 minutes or so (lid on).

I've been looking into this rice cooker business, seeing as everyone here seems to think the sun shines out of their arse.

Apparently, I still have to measure the rice, wash the rice, add salt, measure the water and turn it on, just like I have to do with my prehistoric saucepan. I was a least expecting it might blow me off or something afterwards. But no.

"Disappointed of East Dulwich"

All you have to do jimmy is keep stirring it, dont leave it and go off and do something else, then you will be able to judge when to take it off the 'stove', timing is everything. The same when bbq'ing. If you constantly keep turning the meat and give it your full love, it wont burn, honest :)

>>Apparently, I still have to measure the rice, wash the rice, add salt, measure the water and turn it on, just like I have to do with my prehistoric saucepan. I was a least expecting it might blow me off or something afterwards. But no.

Have you seen the latest series of rice cookers the Japanese and Chinese have developed? they can do all sort of things. Brown rice, sticky rice, you can even use it as a steamer. I bought mine in HK and I use it most days. And no, you do NOT add salt to the rice...

I am not saying everyone should invest in a rice cooker, I believe you can cook perfectly tasty rice from a saucepan. But using a rice cooker doesn't make you a lazy person.