with so many stores along Lordship Lane / Grove Vale, do you have a favorite, and why?

trinidad

Roullier White, brilliant staff knowledgable and friendly...get all my perfumes from there.

Lilas for well priced beautiful jewellery and again fantastic friendly and knowledgable staff.

In fact my other half buys all my gifts from those two shops.

Also Moxons superb fish, lovely friendly helpful staff.

Northeastview Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Love the paint shop- Colour makes people happy, on

> the Vale because the man is so friendly.

Agreed. We painted our whole house after a refurb with paint from here and I have never met anyone so passionate about..well.. paint! Spend some time there, get to know each other, and he'll make some great recommendations. As a bonus the paint names have some 'interesting' names... the front of our house is painted a green shade called 'Polka Music Mercifully Interrupted at Frequent Intervals by a German Disc Jockey.'

The painter initially thought we were taking the mick when we sent him for that one..

phobic3000 Wrote:

> Shaun's DIY because it's an Aladdin's cave that's

> baled me out a few times,

Yeh, Shaun's DIY are brilliant.

I've found all the (three?) DIY shops in East Dulwich helpful, but Shaun's went well beyond the call of duty to help last time I went in there.

poppet27 Wrote:

> Greetings card shop / the loveliest people who are

> always so friendly and helpful. Plus they have

> better selection than most other cars shops.

>

> Rye books / could spend all day in there

Rye books is a great shop, but it isn't on Lordship Lane :)

I would have put a vote in for Postmark, which is also a great card shop and has a different range from Greetings, but that isn't on Lordship Lane either :)

ooh a difficult choice...probably Cheners, just because they are independent, always have a great selection of books, and always happy to order one in...and haven't had a makeover (apart from removing the bucket when they repaired the leaking ceiling)!!

(also love Farmers, SMBS, Dulwich DIY, John Barnett shoes, Lush)

We are very fortunate to have some great shops and restaurants on Lordship Lane , with helpful friendly staff working in them , to name a few of my favourites , V7 the newspaper shop opposite where I work ,he always makes sure he has my cigarettes in stock . The Turkish delicatessen near Cheners is a great little shop selling many gorgeous smelling foods, Paine and Hunter very friendly opticians, Jaflong and Favourites both in my opinion selling great food and always with a smile . The little flower shop on frogley road has some amazing plants in there and always looks so bright and cheery. Oh and not forgetting Dulwich DIY an aladdins cave of everything you could possibly want or need as is Farmers .