Temporary traffic lights East Dulwich Road/Peckham Rye junction

damzel

beaver14uk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well there were certainly workman there on Friday

> as I was in the area. At the end of the day its

> an emergency gas leak so sadly you have to put up

> with the disruption.

If it was an 'emergency', they'd have fixed it by now.

With sub zero temperatures I don't believe concrete sets. Every at just above zero temperatures concrete setting must be slow. This must be severely limiting the speed of reinstatement and cause much of the delays - unless a road works conrete setting expert on the Forum can advise otherwise?

Yep you are correct, concrete should not be poured as ice crystals will form, also, the asphalt surface course can not be laid at these temperatures, also the plastic gas pipes are heat welded together which would be very difficult in this wet and cold weather

They are temporary signals you cannot phase them like the permanent signals owing to limitations in the equipment and lack of signage on the temporary signals to display banned turns and exceptions.

Temporary signals also lack any features like the fixed signals to vary their timings dependant on demand, which is making the problem worse.

skidmarks - that's not true! They can of course be phased more efficiently. Admittedly now, North and South traffic flow will not be able to move at the same time now (since only one lane is available now), although I don't understand why East and West cannot (as was allowed with the permanent set).

Temporary lights can come with sensors to allow for dynamic phasing - they just haven't bothered.

Ok you obviously know more than me as it has been a number of years since I played with temporary signals. This is how I remember the phase controller for portable signals looking for 4-way control (Picture). I cannot see how you link two phases to be green at the same time without the conflict light coming on.