Ask Admin

Mogs

• Administrator

Hmm, the reading's very low on my indicator.

I'm not going to describe the piece you have pasted above as racist or funny or neither, I don't know the context but it sounds like someone writing a bit of a story. A bit like...

Whole Foods? John Mackey attacks ?greedy bastard? investor Jana https://www.ft.com/content/fa3a4f50-51a0-11e7-bfb8-997009366969

Donald Trump was a demagogue and a thief when he won https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/10/i-was-wrong-about-jeremy-corbyn-still-doubt-him

"...Lily Allen. He didn?t mince his words. ?She?s a stupid bitch,? the former Ukip leader said."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-matt-hancock-says-bbc-were-too-kind-to-corbyn-a3575751.html

I'd say forget it, there's better things to do that worry whether you've been insulted or haven't a developed sense of humour. Perhaps watch and then form an opinion on the BBC drama Happy Valley.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Admin, I have put another query about this up but I am eager to get a free item post put up in relevant board. I have tried two different browsers, checked photo upload size, hosted photo externally but still unable to post. I keep getting taken back to the advert after I press post message. I wondered if there might be a combination of words or letters that I might have in my advert which would stop it?

Update - seems that I am not allowed to post the brand name of a sportswear beginning with A and ending in S

• 5 weeks later...
Why has thread 5,1839553 ("Angle grinder used to steal m/c off Copleston Rd at 10.30pm") disappeared? The last posting I have in my cached copy was at 08:08 on Friday 11th, and the thread seems to have sunk without trace later that day.

• Administrator
Do you know what ianr, I have no idea why. In the logs it says I did it "2017-08-11 09:02:23 - User: Administrator (1) - Action: **DELETE*** - Message: 1839553" but I can't remember doing it. I think it must be human error (fat fingers deleting spam perhaps), and unfortunately they were deleted not hidden so I can't resurrect it which is a shame as it was a useful post.

• 4 months later...
Hi, Admin. I have a thread of recommendations for my business here: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,1694555,1872572#msg-1872572 the last two of which appear to have been deleted today. One was added today, the previous one back in November I think. Was this intentional? and if so, could I learn why? They were both Bona fide comments from happy customers.

• 2 months later...

lillyrose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hi

> im not sure where my message went but just asking

> whether I can take off the door no on my post

> about a hand model as I am scared about

> advertising the fact that I have jewellery to all

> and sundry

Hi why was my message taken down? What's wrong with it? The actual post in the businesses section

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to reactivate an old PTA user account - the user name is F@B and it's linked to the email [email protected]

I have pressed the send new password link but haven't received anything to that email email address. Is the account expired? It hasn't been used for a couple of years. But it also won't let me open a new account using that email address. I would be very grateful if you can help. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Admin,

I originally posted in 'Family Room Discussions' http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1932752,1932752,quote=1#REPLY because I wanted to have a discussion about how does an au pair arrangement work in reality and wanted to hear from other families' experiences.

My post has been moved to 'Family Room Classified', just wondering why it has been moved there as I am not advertising for an au pair? I doubt I am going to get many replies to my post now.

Appreciate if you could clarify.

Thanks.

Thank you Admin.

This is really weird but my post titled 'Dolly Parton's Imagination Library' has been deleted. I had two replies this morning but when I clicked on the link to read the posts there was a message 'sorry, the message you have requested could not be found'. I went into my control centre and could see the posting was no longer in my 'followed thread' section.

Can you please let me know why my post has been deleted. I was trying to spread the word about this great scheme that provides free books to children.

Thanks.