Southwark Plans for Camberwell Old & New Cemeteries.

Penguin68

What makes this situation even worse is that woods and meadows, memorials and graves are being destroyed because of the Council's discriminatory burial policy. Is there really not one of you who can admit that Southwark's burial policy is wrong?

Discrimination is just another reason why Southwark should stop trying to make new burial plots in the Borough.

Most inner London boroughs provide burial outside the inner city, for obvious reasons. If Southwark claims to want to provide burial for all residents who need it, they should fufil their 2012 promise to explore out of borough options.

Our mission is simple, we're fighting to save the cemeteries as nature reserves with respect for the dead and woods and nature for the living - which means not digging up cemeteries or their green spaces for new burial plots.

Blanche Cameron

Friends of Camberwell Cemeteries / Save Southwark Woods campaign

07731 304 966 / [email protected] / www.savesouthwarkwoods.org.uk

Nailed it.

You suffer from the same problem as Theresa May; you can't deal with a difference of opinion. Faced with hard facts you copy and paste the same line every time.

Blanche, no-one here thinks it's wrong for these reasons because *speaks slowly* it's not discriminatory.

• 10 months later...

micromacromonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One of these nutjobs was handing out flyers at the

> fair on Goose Green yesterday. He was american (or

> canadian?) and tremendously annoying.

That'll be our old pal Lewis, a very curious person indeed.

I got a very odd flyer through my door the other day. A photo of a dug up skull and lots of broken up graves. Not sure whether the photos were real. It was asking me to contact my councillor and raise concerns.

• 1 month later...

alex_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I got a very odd flyer through my door the other

> day. A photo of a dug up skull and lots of broken

> up graves. Not sure whether the photos were real.

> It was asking me to contact my councillor and

> raise concerns.

I got one of those flyers today- sounds like exactly the same one...seems like people are happy for the destruction and desecration to go on.

I am not 'religious' in the 'god' definition and will not therefore demand a plot... but I have a devotion to the precious environment.