Concrete House Lordship Lane - Public Inquiry

Zak

Otta Wrote:

> Oh, and for the most part the buildings in

> Sydenham, Penge and Forest Hill are far superior

> to anything in East Dulwich.

Spot on. Especially for the old stock (pre 1930's). Some lovely houses Sydenham/Penge way. The better Victorian /Edwardian builds in East Dulwich are areas closer to the village on the Estate (Druce, Desenfans) but even then they are smaller than Sydenham's finest.

tim hill Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I used to play in this house, it was a home for

> unwanted kids.

xxxxxxx

That's really sad, it wasn't called that, surely?

Were they in care?

You?re too right Faser, it is about time for some REAL naming and shaming rather than plain scapegoating but unfortunately it may just be wishful thinking, I will dig deeper and try to find out some names though.

With regards the number of flats, I suppose the council was trying to throw everything, and the kitchen sink, at the enquiry in an attempt to have WGH demolished. Shows how much they actually care about housing and how much they care for personal vendettas! Especially when it was them who were deceptive when they sold it and them who gave planning permission for the mass and structure of WGH with full knowledge of its impact and position with regards the concrete house.

PS: I don?t think you?re at all far off with the lining pockets theory, Southwark council has it written all over them.

dwhite11:

"...I don?t think you?re at all far off with the lining pockets theory, Southwark council has it written all over them."

I'd hope this is untrue, but having protested against some illegal, unauthorised building work that happened in ED (for which retrospective planning applications have been refused), sometimes you have to ask yourself what exactly is going on here. Rules are breached, council point this out, planning applications are submited retrospectively, they are refused, structure still stands, neighbours all complain, freeholder in question makes an appeal., that is refused, building still stands. It can FEEL like Southwark have no spine or are on the take.

No , i have no photos, sorry, and Sue you are right about "unwanted" kids, "In care" would have been a better wat to put it

i know. There is a famous painting with this house in it, can any one tell me what is it called ,and by who ??