Buggy advice/recommendation needed.

I have a city elite first wheel pram/stroller. I bought it because it is a kind of cheaper version of the bugaboo plus it is parent facing. I also have a Maclaren Techno buggy in my mum's car but I don't use that.

The problem is I have lots and lots of stairs in my house from the front door and inside the house plus lack of storage space, and as my son weighs a ton, I daren't risk bumping him in the buggy down the stairs and my city elite which I love because it is parent facing, is hard to store and set up because the seat needs to be removed from the chassis in order to be folded down and stowed away.

Can anyone recommend a parent facing pushchair that folds with the SEAT STILL ATTACHED? it will make it easier for me to have the baby in one arm, the buggy in the other arm and open up the buggy, instead of having to ensure someone is in so I can put the buggy together first and then get the baby!

The websites I have looked on does not say if the parent facing buggies can be folded without having to remove the seats.

Thanking you in advance for replies.

The mamas and papas Pliko Switch can face either way and will fold with the seat attached. Also it will fold with the seat attached either way (a lot of them I know will only fold with the seat facing outwards, not parent facing) It is an umbrella fold, which means it is fairly compact when folded. The down side I would say is that it is quite heavy (about 10kg) but it is easy to carry folded as it has a handle. I love mine!!

The Bee does this. We got one because of stairs & storage issues - it's light and folds up fairly small so it doesn't take up loads of room in the house either. No faffing when it comes to conversion one way or the other either. Love it.

Thanks Ladies! I have been googling the buggies to see what they are like. The Bugaboo bee looks small? my little man is only five months but already in 9 months old clothes so the bugaboo bee does not look like it will see him through until he is 3 years old? Is the Bee roomy?

The Pliko looks good but heavy...hmmm, food for thought!

The Pliko is great when they're still light but when they grow heavier (probably 12 months+ if you have a chunky one, otherwise later) it's harder to get it onto pavements and over uneven surfaces as the weight of the child is very much in the middle of the buggy (rather than close to you) so you need to push the buggy down quite violently in order to lift the front wheels. Otherwise it's a great buggy. Just my experience though.

I started out with the Pliko and found it to be really fantastic value. My son has been 99 th percentile in size his entire life and at three years old he still comfortably fits in it. When we moved to London I admit I thought it was a bit clunky so bought a City Mini, which was great but he is now to big for it so we are back to the Pliko!

It's not sexy, that's for sure, but really functional. It folds really easily and has a fantastic basket underneath that fits an amazing amount of shopping. When folded it can stand upright and isn't that hard to store, but will not easily fit in small car boots I don't think. It's a bit heavy but I find them all to be cumbersome in their own ways....... this one no more than others I have tried. I would absolutely buy it again.

Oops SP you posted as I was writing! Yes you are right, that is something I found to. But my City Mini hasn't been much better so I'm not sure what you can do. We have a Maclaren to keep in the car and I suppose it's a bit better but not at all as functional, so.......

Somebody someday will design the perfect buggy! Too late for me though.........

I would also recommend the Bee no question. It's SO light and you can literally steer it with one finger!

Our little girl is quite chunky too and she fits in it fine at nearly 18 months. All I've heard is that if your 3/4 year old is big then their head will touch the top of the hood, but to be honest I'm not that worried about that. You can take the hood off by that stage anyway or just fold it right back.

I have looked at the Pliko and it is just too big and bulky, I recall using that pram for my one of my charges and I hated it as I used to use the maclaren instead because it was lighter and easier whereas the pilko was terrible for kerbs. So the pilko is out.

Just been looking at the Bee, it looks so simple and ideal for the stairs and folding/unfolding whilst holding the chunky monkey in one arm. They are so expensive though!!!::o

An alternative to a new buggy, have you thought about getting a bike lock - you can then take buggy out, leaving baby indoors, lock buggy up, then come back to fetch baby. A friend of mine does the same because she lives in a basement flat with steep stairs.

You could probably get one a lot cheaper on ebay? We ruled it out when buying our main pram on cost grounds and worrying about size but have since realised we didn't consider ebay option plus have heard as posted above that size works out fine.

I had a nosy at one of those Bugaboo Bees today. How cute are they! They look really lovely and light, although not very big. I couldn't imagine hefting my enormous 3 year old round in one (probably sell it and have a little Maclaren then). I wish they had had them back in my day.

Sooooo expensive though, although there are some second hand ones on here:

http://www.nappyvalley.co.uk/index.php?filter%5Bkeywords%5D=bugaboo&filter%5Bpost_code%5D=&section=2&filter%5Bref_advert_category%5D%5Bcategory_id%5D=

and here:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.listadverts/sec-Home+and+Family/cat-Children/ca73e337.html

I had 99.9% convinced Mr Pickle to let me get a Bee when they first came out, then found out I was pregnant again. The glee on his face when he then declared it a complete waste since we'd be needing a double buggy was sickening! I love them, would definitely buy one instead of a MacLaren if I had my time over again.

Hmmm, I have been looking and looking at the Bee but it just looks so small! Could it really last until my son is a toddler? The wheels are also tiny, it is good on all terrains and a comfortable ride for baby? the reviews shows that some people had problems with the brakes and things breaking off, for that money you would not expect any problems.

I spoke to a few people and they have recommended the:

Britax Vigour 4

Or Loola Up

As I do not have these buggies I have no idea if they are good, I already made a mistake with my buggy so don't want to make another expensive buggy mistake. Gosh...why are there too many choices?!!

We have a Bee (we also have a flat with lots stairs and left it folded-up in the communal hall - is this an option for you?), and did really like it for the first year, but it was small (and narrow). Our daughter was really squished in it at about 14 months, so we stopped using it and switched to a pushchair. Don't think it'd be comfy for toddlers. The brake on the Bee also broke, just after the guarantee had run out.

Thank you Smiler, that really helped, the bee is out! Only because my son five months son is already much bigger than other babies his age and there is just no way the Bee will last until he is 3 years old. No communal hall where I live, just lots of stairs outside and inside! ( live in the top half of a maisonette).

Thanks ladies xx

If you saw my stairs you would understand, very dangerous and most certainly not safe enough to bump it down all those stairs with a baby inside the buggy.

I have seen my perfect buggy,,,it costs more than the Bee:-$ hoping to sell my two buggies and buy my perfect one!

True about the kids walking but for long trips and for when they get tired a buggy is still handy at the age of 3.