Booking Tessa Jowell online?

Cora

Has anyone else managed to book a vaccination at The Tessa Jowell Centre online or is this centre only used for people specifically invited there? We live very close and so it would be my preference but it never seems to be listed...

Thanks

It seems as if TJ is linked to a number of local surgeries - who are using it as a central site for their inoculations (this makes logistic sense). Hence not being generally available to book, as 'slots' will be reserved for the surgeries - and of course now for second vaccinations, booked at the time of the first. But its scale is at the surgery, rather than the mass vaccination centre level.

Yes, I think that's correct. I had the same trouble with the vaccination centres available in the link from my first general invitation (sent via text message) being miles away and/or quite difficult to reach. I waited a few days and then received a second text message from "Improving Health Ltd" using the "accurx" system. This is used by local GP Surgeries to refer patients for their vaccinations. The centres available to me via this second, personalised, invite were TJC and Lister.

We didn?t get the general invite but got a text from Tessa Jowell saying we would get a text from Improving Health Ltd that we could book online. This came through and the online booking offered Tessa Jowell or the Lister.

My husband?s text was a little later than mine. Came through yesterday evening offering slots on Saturday and Sunday.

I also know of someone who goes to another local surgery and was offered and booked Guys? but cancelled that and booked Tessa Jowell when a text came through from her surgery a couple of days later.

A friend was offered Rosendale Road or Lewisham Hospital. When she queried this with GP surgery was advised that TJC

had not any booking capacity at this stage. I imagine that those of us who have had the first jab are now coming up for the second jab - hence lack of availability.

As RichH above, I received general NHS letter inviting me to book online. TJH Centre was not one of the options offered. I booked my two jabs at St. Thomas'.

About 10 days later I received an invitation from my surgery, The Gardens, via text, to book at TJH or Lister. I duly booked this and was offered next day at TJH. I simply cancelled my St. Thomas' option online.

I got the letter and tried to book online but the nearest was a pharmacy in Brixton. I just rang my surgery (The Gardens) and asked if I could be booked somewhere closer. They sent me text link for TJC or the Lister. Went to TJC, which as others have said, was very efficient.

My mum?s surgery haven?t sent a link to TJC. Just the NHS book an appointment link. She has phoned and complained that they are all far and they said TJC should come up soon. It?s been two weeks of trying and still no TJC on the options. Her GP is The Lordship Lane Surgery. Just seems crazy that my other relative from Nunhead got TJC straight away and my mum?s options are not local at all.

I'm guessing that the TJ is now well into 2nd vaccines - as they were pretty busy when I went for my first, and were booking everyone in at that stage to a further session in exactly 11 weeks (to the hour!) I suspect they have pretty full lists at the moment. So it may be that to get a vaccine in a timely fashion another deliverer is a better bet. I think this is simply about logistics and organisation.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It seems as if TJ is linked to a number of local

> surgeries - who are using it as a central site for

> their inoculations (this makes logistic sense).

> Hence not being generally available to book, as

> 'slots' will be reserved for the surgeries - and

> of course now for second vaccinations, booked at

> the time of the first. But its scale is at the

> surgery, rather than the mass vaccination centre

> level.

This

I got the general NHS letter first with the link which had as the nearest Rosendale or Brixton. I booked Rosendale. Then couple of days later got a text from The Gardens Surgery with the link to book at Tessa Jowell. As that is much easier for me I cancelled Rosendale & booked for 2 days later at Tessa Jowell.