Protecting the children and young people in our life

Dear parent, carer or person concerned about the well being of the children and young people in our lives

I am extremely concerned at the prospect of our young people and children being given the covid vaccine. While the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) say that the government should hold off injecting our children till further data becomes available, I would suggest this is a temporary stay of action. The government has already produced behavioural change plans for children, classroom materials have been developed. It is even rumoured that children expressing hesitation about the Covid19 vaccine can be reported to PREVENT . For these reasons I think we should be highly prepared in case the government decide to change their mind.

There are many reasons that we should be concerned.

It is not simply the fact that children do not die of corona virus. Or that their capacity to transmit the virus is more limited than others in the population.

It is that the vaccine appears to be causing unacknowledged and insufficiently recognised levels of harm.

Furthermore evidence suggests that the same strong immune system which protects children from covid, causes them to be much more likely to suffer from vaccine harm.

It is therefore essential to resist the vaccination of our children and to question and challenge the covid19 vaccination more broadly.

I am attaching a pdf which I have written to elaborate these and other points. I have tried ensure that every single point I make is well referenced. I think what I am saying is important and I don't just want to be chucked into the anti-vaxxer basket.

Your document is highly flawed, contains anti-vaccine mumbo jumbo, and links to right wing conspiracy sources. It is essentially using scare tactics of "think of the children" to push a wider anti-vaccine agenda.

Vaccination is a personal decision, if you think the risks outweigh the benefits then that's your choice, but don't go around spreading this nonsense.

This shouldn't be on here.

I would really like to know how my document is highly flawed so I could improve it. I would really like what I am saying to be wrong or not true and would be so genuinely happy to find it so. Please let me know. I have only recently come to understand quite how risky the vaccine is and this is at the same time as I have seen stadiums of young people queueing up to get it. I am very genuinely thinking of the children (including my own), if I push an anti-covid19 vaccination agenda at the same time I think this is no bad thing.

I could do a point by point critique, but I don't have the time. I think people who read it will probably see for themselves.

What I would say is

- check your sources. If they have an obvious political bias, or history of conspiracy theories, then they are NOT reliable sources.

- we all know there are side effects and dangers, as there are with many drugs. Loss of life is a terrible thing and every single one should be scrutinized, but it doesn't take a mathematician to compare the deaths from Covid and the deaths from vaccine reactions and deduce which is the bigger problem.

- pushing a broader anti Covid vax agenda is most definitely a bad thing. It calls into question your motivation and integrity. Without vaccines we'd have hundreds of thousands more deaths in the UK alone. You are playing with lives.

No I am not. The fact is that the number of covid deaths has been hugely inflated as anyone who does even the most superficial research knows (it is found to be covered here https://www.informedparent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/CV19-SARS-CoV2-An-Exploration.pdf?mc_cid=2c4b402b69 )

Herd immunity would have started to build up even by the second wave which was so much worse than the first. Again check Our world in data (or one world in data sorry can't remember the name but is a fab statistical resource) and you will find country after country where a massive increase in covid deaths followed the vaccination.

Most of us adults are vaccinated. Lets focus on protecting the health of our children so they don't go down the same route.

OMFG... you've just gone full-on conspiracy theorist with your latest link. (Anti mask, denying the NHS was been overwhelmed, accusations of government propaganda and control).

So yes, your so-called "research" is indeed superficial. Please try to apply some critical thinking and common sense to these sources.

Some ACTUAL facts are that a) UK deaths attributed to Covid correlate pretty closely with the deaths above historical average, b) in the countries that have rolled out the higher quality vaccines, there has been a significant reduction in deaths.

Nobody is going to force you to vaccinate your children. Even if child Covid vaccination is eventually rolled out in the UK, it will be your personal decision. Please stop trying to influence other peoples decisions with this nonsense. It's highly irresponsible, selfish, and dangerous.

It is even rumoured that children expressing hesitation about the Covid19 vaccine can be reported to PREVENT .

By whom? Where? On what grounds? - vaccine resistance is not normally associated (just) with Islamist indoctrination. This is simple scare mongering.

There are arguments (which was what caused the AZ vaccine not to be offered to under 30s) about balance of risk - but with the Delta variant spreading quickly, and its apparent impact on younger people (primary and secondary) being much greater than the earlier variants, it may well be that vaccine protection for the young is the less risky option. We do not know if the Delta variant can precipitate 'long Covid' in the young (not enough time or numbers for that to be evident) - but if it does then saving the young from that possibility would seem a good thing, even where/ if life is less threatened.

and you will find country after country where a massive increase in covid deaths followed the vaccination

If you knew anything about statistics you would know that correlation doesn't imply causation. The highest death rate in the UK actually preceded vaccination, as it did for Spain, the USA, Italy etc. The current low death rate in the UK (in relation to continued infection rates) has been very credibly linked to the full vaccination of the most vulnerable parts of the population. Where deaths are occurring they are, I believe, principally amongst the un- and partially - vaccinated, which is why the average age of the dying has plummeted.

niledynodely Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Which countries have rolled out higher quality

> vaccines? Have we got them here? I do hope so! How

> do we know which are higher quality?

Yes, the ones with higher efficacy. Particularly Pfizer and Moderna. Also AZ, but to a lesser extent I think. Countries which have relied heavily on Sinopharm seem to be having less success.

As Penguin pointed out, the US and Western Europe have seen impressive drop in death rate following rollout of vaccines. Canada and Israel too.

Hospitalised Covid patients in the UK right now are overwhelmingly skewed towards the unvaccinated.

I'm sure you have good intentions and are trying to do the best for your kids. I agree they're incredibly unlikely to get sick from Covid. Vaccinating them is about helping to prevent the spread, but if you don't think the trade-off makes sense, then that's entirely your decision. Exactly the same applies to other vaccines, e.g. Flu. I respect your right to make that decision.

Where I take issue is when people try to nobble the wider vaccination effort by spreading blatant misinformation. It's not right.