Tesco Mobile?

ednewmy

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I hope so. Also, sorry that it's an incredibly dull topic for anyone other than me - however, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Basically I was wondering if anyone on here is with Tesco Mobile? I am upgrading my current handset and have seen a great deal with them that provides the phone I want, all the mins/texts/data I could need etc at by far the best price of any provider I've seen. But I figure that there's got to be a catch right? Non-existent customer service? Restrictive T&Cs? Poor coverage? I know they piggyback on O2's signal, which I found to be serviceable when I was with O2 a few years back so I don't worry too much about that. But...there must be something, the deals must be too good to be true?

Anyway, anyone willing to share any personal experiences of Tesco Mobile both good and bad would be greatly appreciated!

I changed to Tesco 15 months ago after 11+ years with Orange/EE and they're way better. Customer service is excellent (EE was appalling) and when you call you get through to a real person fairly quickly, not an offshore call centre either, and they seem genuinely keen to help and straightforward to deal with. When my initial contract ran out in April I assumed it would revert to a standard tariff unless I found another deal in time but they told me it was fine and I could stay on the same rate until I want to change. The network coverage is also better - you can spot the EE customers in my road as they're the ones making calls shivering in the street at night or hanging out of upstairs windows. Wish I'd switched years ago.

Have to admit I was biased against Tesco before but this made me see them in a different light.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's how Orange kept me for so long.

I've been with them the last 2 years and have no complaints. If they want to keep me by offering a good deal that's fine, I'd happily stay. But if not, then given the encouraging words here and in other places I've asked, I think I'll be happy to make the move. Though I would be a bit sad to lose orange wednesdays.