Popular quiz programmes

malumbu

Monday night - only connect, Question of sport. The wonderful Pointless, Pop Master. Thinking of this as Ken Bruce has just invited people to call in for pop master and invited all on the basis that anyone can be better that the recent contestants on Millionaire.

Jezza, despite my views on his politics and bawdy behavior etc is an entertaining host. Shocking decision making by his contestants - pop culture ask the audience, leave the more intellectual stuff to Jezza. Thunderbird 5 is not a submersible and phosphorous is not a metal. These are potentially life changing mistakes. I expect I am not the only one shouting at the screen. Hope others are also watching this on live TV rather than catch up.

i love 'only connect' and feel it's like winning the lottery when i get any question right!

sample question, missing vowels; 'things that don't like the sun... L_V_RP_D_L__NS

victoria coren-mitchell easily the sexiest women on tv as well.

Yes I too find her irritating. The funny comments that she is reading from the auto-cue are particularly annoying. as for hubby I hate Would I lie to You, but conversely the Unbelievable Truth is good listening. On another thread I whinged that I never get tickets for radio shows. Computer says no.

Only Connect was a must and the 17th season has FINALLY finished. Victoria Coren is sublime and I am reading her Father: The Late Alan Coren's Book now entitled " The Essential Alan Coren ". She has inherited his immense wit.

I love her esoteric opening and closing comments. I am pretty good in breaking down " The Wall" until the Final itself which were ghastly.

I don't get enough right on Uni Challenge to warrant watching it.

Adore The Chase as I enjoy pitting myself against all and sundry and the final chase is often very tight.

Some really good " chasers" too including the wonderfully witty Paul Sinha.

Have recorded the new series of Millionaire though get irritated by some of the contestants.

Liked Deal or No Deal as I am masochistic and hated the financial decisions many people made especially the totally insipid MALE contestants. As soon as I saw their better half in the audience I knew that wass the end of their bravery as they did not want to suffer the consequences of any gamble going West and took the cautious way out which is anathema to me.. This is one of the main reasons why only 1 or 2 Males ( literally ) won the ? 250,000 in around 3,000 episodes, half of which had Males competing in the final chair. 5 Women did win the ?250,000 though.

Thing that winds me up about Uni Challenge is that as you go through the rounds it progressively favours those with a private education - the arts and classics that state schools normally don't cover. I watch open mouthed thinking htf and wtf do they know the answer to that. In the early rounds I do pretty well. That said the winners this year did not come across as particularly privileged even though I outplayed them on the bonus questions. Meant to add that Only connect is in deed a must, impressive performances Quia.

Don't do Eggheads very often.

Eggheads (but I don't like Jeremy Vine)

University Challenge (partly to gauge the state of intellect of the youth of today)

Countdown (does it count as a quiz?) Now that I can pause it and not listen to the irritating 30 second 'music' it is most enjoyable...some of the guests are interesting-Chris Packham was brilliant, and Adrian Chiles is on at the moment (who would have guessed he has a fetish for descaling kitchen equipment!)

malumbu Wrote:

>

> Jezza, despite my views on his politics and bawdy

> behavior etc is an entertaining host. Shocking

> decision making by his contestants - pop culture

> ask the audience, leave the more intellectual

> stuff to Jezza. Thunderbird 5 is not a

> submersible and phosphorous is not a metal. These

> are potentially life changing mistakes. I expect

> I am not the only one shouting at the screen.

> Hope others are also watching this on live TV

> rather than catch up.

Just watched all 7 episodes yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoyed the banter between one Guy, in particular, and JC which comes about due to the new lifeline " Ask The Host". Seems JC genuinely knew nearly everything he wasn't asked and little when asked though he DID commit one awful faux pas when he was not asked, ironically, when he declared that the contestant was 100% right on The "Ibex" question. Goat or Deer ? and he did not even have to wait for the correct answer only to see the traumitised and bemused look of the contestant when "Goat" came up as the right answer when JC was certain it was " Deer"....Oh ! Dear !

Eggheads is usually the " same ol' same ol" as the teams consistently " nearly" win but beating 5 Eggheads is very unlikely.

Love The Countdown Maths as most of the time I slaughter the contestants but, occasionally, more than meet my match.