The Pool.....

woofmarkthedog

We, my two boys & myself went swimming at the re-opened pool at Crystal Palace 10.30-12.00pm. One other Dad & daughter there in the small shallow side pool, the water was perfect, sun flooded in & lit the pool up in some areas. It was quite magical. The building has a certain eastern european feel architecturally & I'm quite taken with it's skeletal interior.

Very quite, very pleasant.

W**F

..the water was perfect, sun flooded in & lit the pool up in some areas. It was quite magical. The building has a certain eastern european feel architecturally & I'm quite taken with it's skeletal interior. Very quite, very pleasant.

Creative writing is considered to be one of the most perplexing forms of articulating thoughts and ideas on paper, requiring the ability to think freely, giving thoughts a modicum of leeway, and express ideas and experienced feelings sincerely and openly. The magical way you have described the above is majestic in its simplicity and yet, somehow, achieves the desired effect to portray a vision of beauty, taking the passing viewer aback while appreciating your writing abilities.

Woof, does the Crystal Palace Centre still have the 3 main pools, and the Training pool ? Their website is most unhelpful not to mention the div who answers the phone. The childrens/shallow one, the lane pool and the diving pool ?

daizie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Woof, does the Crystal Palace Centre still have

> the 3 main pools, and the Training pool ? Their

> website is most unhelpful not to mention the div

> who answers the phone. The childrens/shallow one,

> the lane pool and the diving pool ?

-----------------------------------------------------

Yes Dazzers

There are three pools and one downstairs at Crystal palace , though you could also include the three Lakes as part of Foxies feral swim-club experience, though Weils may taint the outdoor waters somewhat.

http://www.ratfanclub.org/fever.html

You are right they do seem to stream the "challenges" for interface with the general public & the web site is shite.

Also they have a penchant for the pull out webbing type temporary barrier, a desk clerk indicates for you to walk around a pointless barrier in an orderly fashion, then as you arrive at the requested destination they seem to engage in conversations with others for a time.

They make a face as to be listening, you say all or part of your request, they then to send you to another colleague only for you to repeat the previous request " Swimming, is it open ?" again. Drawing a blank face the first guy steps in and says exactly what you said in the first place to his colleague .

"How many persons for to swim please?"

There stands me & two young children.

"Two children 1 adult"

"How many persons is under five or five years"

"One"

"No matter I make charge for both under five"

In a perverse way I like this random but officious east european manner, I can also appreciate what driving Skodas & ladas for all those years might do to your sense of humour.

W**F