Peckham Pulse complaints.....

SteveT

There has been no soap in any of the three dispensers in the poolside toilets for a week or more.

Many swimmers do not shower before entering the pool, and remain unchallenged by the staff.

Why don't they put up more strident signs to encourage patrons to shower before entry?

40% of the car park has been classified for disabled, less than 2% of the membership is disabled, I wonder what fusion genius thought that one out?

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why don't they put up more strident signs to

> encourage patrons to shower before entry?

>

> 40% of the car park has been classified for

> disabled, less than 2% of the membership is

> disabled, I wonder what fusion genius thought that

> one out?

Have you considered whether the extra space might anticipate a cause and effect relationship here?

SteveT at the Peckham Pulse

Steve: "Oh for gods sake, someones used up all the soap!"

Attendant: "I do apologise sir but we're having trouble with a group of ethnics who come and use the facilities wash their clothes."

Steve: "Is that some sort of joke because if it is, I'm not amused!"

Attendant: "I'm afraid not sir, you see, round the corner a traveller camp has sprung up and the place is now over run by Kosovan gypsies. They have a barbaric temprement sir and we'd rather just leave them to it."

Steve: "Good god!! I've been a taxpayer for many years now and when I want to wash my balls in a public baths I refuse to be denied decent, god fearing sanitation by a hoard of bloody tinkers!!"

Attendant: "Have some compassion sir, some of them are wheelchair bound."

Steve: "Rubbish!! It's probably some shabby ploy to wring even more benefits from the system. I wont be fooled!"

Attendant: "Here are some now, and they've brought some clothes to wash."

Steve: "Right, stand aside, I'll show you how to deal with these people!"

Attendant: "Are you sure thats wise?"

Steve: "Look here you lot. I've been swimming in these pools for quite some time now and I've never seen any sign indicating that it's O.K to wash clothes in the showers. Kindly take your laundry to the drycleaners like everyone else!"

Gypsy: "Vee apologise mizsta, bat itz de only vay vee can avvord to vosh our clothes. You see, vee cam from a vor torn nation with nothing to eat and landmines everywhere. Vee cam to dis cantry because vee here goot thingz about the people and how generous they are."

Steve: "What rot!! You're here to scrounge and whats more you're even nicking the soap. Stay out of my way in future and don't try and read my palm or flog me any clothes pegs. Good day!!"

Attendant: "Sir, I'd put some clothes on before you leave the pool."

Steve: "Oh, yes, quite right."

maxtedroad Wrote:

> Erm.... if you're going to the gym, surely you

> might walk there?

>

> Just a crazy radical thought....

...he might already be doing that...or he might have a disability of some sort...or he might just be a lazy git (but I doubt it if he bothers to go swimming)

In defence of SteveT, I used the car park recently to use the Library (I am lazy!). I too was surprised by the proportion of disabled spaces.

I'm absolutely pro disabled spaces and have been know to get in a row with selfish tits who abuse them, but there does seem to be rather a lot in this site.

Though, I do wonder how SteveT knows the actual percentage of disabled users in this spot.

maxtedroad Wrote:

> Perhaps so Ladymuck...I assumed that his complaint

> about disabled parking - 40% reserved for just 2%

> of membership - was an indication of his inability

> to park his own car there.

Yes, that thought occurred to me too (and it may WELL be the case), but then I considered the fact that I OFTEN complain about things that actually don't affect me personally, but which I believe to be policies that are ill-thought out and hence not for the common good...

maxtedroad wrote:

> If I misinterpreted, I certainly apologise.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to apologise (well not to me, anyway :)))...we are all entitled to our opinions/thoughts etc...and it's great that we are able to express them here (NOTWITHSTANDING that Admin. see fit to remove my postings from time to time ;-))...conducive to good mental health, broadens the mind and all that...

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> In defence of SteveT, I used the car park recently

> to use the Library (I am lazy!). I too was

> surprised by the proportion of disabled spaces.

I agree that the proportion does seem high (SteveT: why don't you ask THEM for an explanation?)

>

> I'm absolutely pro disabled spaces and have been

> know to get in a row with selfish tits who abuse

> them

Me too!

> Though, I do wonder how SteveT knows the actual

> percentage of disabled users in this spot.

He's probably a mathematical genius:))!