Question Time 27/05/2010

Keef

What did people think of the Tories refusing to put anyone up against Campbell?

Bloody pathetic is my opinion. Shows the strength of their front line, when no one has the guts to debate with a heavyweight.

I think it was a great example of the value that an institution like the BBC is to society. In so many countries in this world the ruling party would be dictating to the broadcaster which member of the opposition they could invite.

Hopefully it really pissed off those in the conservative party who would have the BBC scrapped in favour of their minister for propaganda Mr Murdoch?s Media Empire.

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Perhaps Labour should have put Campbell up instead

> of Jack Straw when they had Nick Griffin of BNP on

> Question Time

One of the points made last night if I understood right is the BBC invites people, as opposed to the parties putting people up.

I suspect the BBC approach the party, or at least a particular department, and see who is available. The point was that they wern't going to be told by another party who they culd and couldn't have on, and quite right to!

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The really rather worrying thing about last night,

> is that I found myself agreeing with Pers Morgan a

> few times!

That is more than rather worrying, Keef.

Piers Morgan is a corrupt, talentless piece of filth.

I didn't see the programme, but I'm willing to bet he was foghorning to the gallery, I mean why change the formula?

But then, never mind.

Interestingly I read today that David Laws, Treasury Chief Secretary, is now embroiled in a repayment of ?40,000 of expenses http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/29/david-laws-treasury-expenses-claim and is "fighting for his political life", well The Guardian thinks so anyway.

I imagine it's purely coincidence that it was him who was originally pencilled in to appear http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/may/27/government-boycott-question-time-alastair-campbell .