Hot Sauce Anonymous TM

woofmarkthedog

Hot Sauce.....

( a thread for addicts only )

I do love a sauce me. Ketchups, browns, reds, thick & thin, smooth or paste like

I am a self anointed KondimentKingTM & the shelves of my Royale? larder are heaving; a veritable grand tour of taste & "tang"

* rises from chair & stands, hand on heart... tears welling in the eyes *

"MY NAME IS WOOF....I AM AN ADDICT.."

There I've said & I'm not ashamed but as with all "heads" ( regal or not ) I am always on the look out for a new addition. I swear I'm missing the "one" & today I will venture out to find it . Every country it seems add their own twist to the theme & China town is the gift that always gives BUT therein lies the rub.

What happens is an un-branded "gem" gets hidden in the darker reaches of the W**F stores, it quietly matures & when found is consumed with such vigor that another is soon needed. I now photograph them for reference but replacing them is always fraught & tricky ( but never dull )

On my TopTableTM & by Royale? appointment are...

HP brown, Heinz Tomato ketchup, Daddies red & brown & of course Lea & Perrins ( remove these from your arsenal at your peril )

In an up & coming class of their own...

Levis Roots Jerk/BBq ,Tomato Ketchup & Love apple Tomato ketchup

But these are the masters of the black arts, the "Ninjas" of the table...

Jamacia Joe's Hot* Mustard sauce. An un-branded Ground chilli/fried garlic, plus two Mandarin divas, Hot fermented bamboo shoots & the mushroomy Jah-Jan

All UTTERLY delicious but are there any others I should be coveting..?

"HELP ME....." please, I need it..

W**F?

( *not for the faint hearted )

www.hotsauceaddicts.com ( though I'm not if sure they have a "Hot line" yet..(tu) )

Plus a random "addiction" play

Cholula - Mexican and available in Sainsbury's. It's not on fire hot but I can't take that sort. I like to put it on eggs, and also tortilla chips.

Forgot to add sriracha chili sauce. Available in Chinese/Thai shops. SMBS used to sell it but not any more.

And not forgetting harissa. Lovely in lamb burgers and on top. There are a lot of different types about, the most ubiquitous is the one in the tube.

edited for addition

Firstly, "my name is Katie1997 and I am an addict".

Secondly, will you stop posting stuff about things like this? Very distracting ;-)

Thirdly, I love it really, here goes:

I advise that you try tamarind sauce (had it at an Indian wedding over the weekend, its FAB with spicy food). I don't know any brands to recommend, I have real tamarind from SMBS, but I am sure you can buy it in paste form which would be easier.

Mushroom ketchup is pretty good sloshed in British-style food. Gives it more depth.

Tabasco is always a winner. There's a chipotle pepper variety you should try if not already done so.

Chilli jam is great with cheeses and cold meats. I made my own although it turned out to be way too sweet. I was trying to copy one that I had bought at a food festival ('Boasty's best' - it was quite clear with flecks of chilli suspended in it, I think due to the addition of apple but I couldn't recreate it).

The Really Garlicky Company has a lovely garlic relish (if you like garlic) and the Isle of Wight garlic farm also has good products.

PS. Dragon's blood Sean? Wow! Respect.

PPS. Woof - your larder sounds scarily like mine.

Stand back....?

I have returned from my crusade to that old "Town of China".....ChinaaTownTM

With me I bring more sauces & palette revivers, ticklers & tongue fancies of the day

I do appreciate the interest in this sauceappreciationsocietyTM

I hunted high , I hunted low & bagged a new savory so savory, it is to be savored

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4657531806_2451302dbf_m.jpg This is a "Colemans" that I've not seen before, bagged her in "Loon Fung"...lovely plumage..what

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4657531544_5450604f84_m.jpg Shang La.Fermented soya bean & chilli, "she's a looker & a go-er ..eh"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4657531320_3b93b22bc4_m.jpg MSG free chilli oil +W**FcustomisingTM..just add two cloves of garlic, ignore her a bit & off you go..."rather"

Yes, I know all beautiful trophies, add a plate of cold cuts on a Monday, some cheese on a Tuesday & a little pie on a Thursday. Before you know it...

....Y-es, It's the week-end again & who could knock that..Ehh..?

* kisses jars goodnight *

" Until tomorrow my sweets, 'till tomorrow "

W**F?

* turns light out, trips up the stairs *

Anyone aware of a good mojo you can buy over here? brought some back from Tenerife a few years ago and have occasionally made my own since - to be honest, I'd mostly forgotten about it until I had an amazing one at Moro the other day. Can shop-bought ever be as good?

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Branston Fruity

Simon...

* head gently tilting to one side *

Now please sit down, there's something I need to get straight

Dear boy, I suspect that you are a little lonely & joining a self help group made you feel wanted...

BUT this is for serious ADDICTION & dipping a few cheese & onion crisps into some pretty pickle like "Branston" won't hurt anyone. I mean even a two year old can safely do that

Now go on with you ......"Branston Fruity"

I ask you...

W**F

* rolls eyes *

Did you know...?

There are at least ( at my last count anyway )

42 Ass Kickin ------ chilli sauces

1 Baboon Ass Gone Rabid Hot Sauce

1 Ass Blaster Hot Sauce w/ Wooden Outhouse

20 Mad dogs

1 57 Mad Dog Collector's Edition - Hot Sauce with Gun Keychain

1 Camel Toe Hot Sauce

And....

my favorites of the day

1 Dickhead with Bin Laden Hot Sauce, 5oz.

1 Golden Beaver w/ 24k gold flakes, w/Belt Buckle

W**F

BUT this is for serious ADDICTION & dipping a few cheese & onion crisps into some pretty pickle like "Branston

It is a sauce not a pickle, much like the OK Fruity you brandish yourself further up :)) And really you should not be seasoning your misfired insult with references to crisps of any flavour....*shudder*!

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BUT this is for serious ADDICTION & dipping a few

> cheese & onion crisps into some pretty pickle like

> "Branston

>

> It is a sauce not a pickle, much like the OK

> Fruity you brandish yourself further up :)) And

> really you should not be seasoning your misfired

> insult with references to crisps of any kind

Simon

Hmm....agreed it's not a pickle BUT

In a game of "naked sauce poker" where would it get you

Exactly, you'd be running naked through the woods whilst wearinga burning tyre

Still "crisps" are a whole other thread ( tbc )

W**F

with a burnin

> flavour....*shudder*!