No Budget Horror Film

Forest Hill on Film

• 4 weeks later...

Cool. Best of luck. My step brother is a young scriptwriter so i know al about hard how it is to break the industry and making a low budget film that gets noticed seems to be the way forward fro what he tells me.

Best of british luck with it all, sounds fab, and as a bit of a horror buff I await the results with some excitement!!

I could probably do thinly moustachioed swarthy villain, but not sure how many railroads need ruthlessly building in the Forest Hill area.

PM sent, and I have also forwarded the link to my very talented sound recordist and editor friend!

Though I suspect they won't be needed for a while, till a script has been developed.

I DO hope you will spend time developing the script. It is mighty important. Too many films are made in this country with under-developed scripts, and this makes all the difference.

I wish you well!

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies.

The comments about the script are spot on, we will be developing the script up to time we shoot.

Rose, have replied to you.

Music/acting mentioned above, please drop us a line at the site with your details.

We hope to get onto facebook/twitter soon, will post details/updates here too.

Things steaming ahead. Please dont forget the forum on the FHF site for a bit more info, all are welcome.

Any Qs ask away here or at the site.

Thank you,

FHF

Forest Hill on Film Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

we will

> be developing the script up to time we shoot.

>

You need to have the final draft done BEFORE you go into pre-production let alone shoot. Otherwise you are wasting not only yours but everyone else's time.

Easyrider is the only kind of movie that can be done on the hoof but contrary to myth it did have skeleton script and a budget.

The thing that blows me away about Easy Rider though is that it was made the same year as The Sound of Music. Now that's what I call revolution!

Hi,

The script, as mentioned, is there but still in devlopment, however, any who might consider this as something they want to get involved in would be sent the script as it stands before deciding if it's for them. Any comments on the script will be taken seriously and examined, though I also believe that this could potentially be a truly fab film.

I am getting lots of feedback and help on the script. It will be AWESOME (eventually:P).

It is true that the script would normally be at least 10th draft, watertight etc, before production, but some rewriting goes on in most productions up to and during shooting, I'm sure. This also gives an oportunity to fine tune, adapt with further input of the core crew and local experienced scriptwriters. This is a team made film.

As for being serious, I assure you that I am, but I have no wish at the moment to look through shooting people. There are plenty of places that are free. This is very much open to people, like myself, who are not professional filmmakers, without much experience but would love to have a go, as well as seasoned filmmakers.

This is not a joke, it's not a whim, it's not a con. Any considered errors are but mistakes through lack of experience. All I know is that we are passionate, detemined and that we are going to make a film. And that if you can see fault with it, then hey, get on board and help us make it better.

Regards,

FHF