I'm at war with my neighbours cat!

coopsy76

I can't stop my neighbours cat from doing it's business in my flower bed outside the front of my house.

I've tried plastic bottles, my daughters wee (from her potty), pepper and moth balls.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? If I don't find something soon I won't be held responsible for my actions! Im sure the cat just sits and watches me try all these things with a smirk on it's face!

I will not be defeated!!!

Ask your neighbour to provide the cat with a litter tray in which it can do its business - it's their cat, I'm not sure why they think it's ok for other people to have to clear up after it? You have my sympathy. I have to clear up after two cats who seem to think my garden is there just for them to poo in!

Have you spoken to the neighbour? Do they let the cat out the front because they don't have a garden? I am pretty sure cats don't like citrus scents so orange peel might help. The slate chips do sound a good idea. I have small pebbles in my front garden and subsequently don't have any cats coming in. But I do have foxes leaving the odd deposit.

coopsy76 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't stop my neighbours cat from doing it's

> business in my flower bed outside the front of my

> house.

> I've tried plastic bottles, my daughters wee (from

> her potty), pepper and moth balls.

> Does anyone have any other suggestions? If I don't

> find something soon I won't be held responsible

> for my actions! Im sure the cat just sits and

> watches me try all these things with a smirk on

> it's face!

> I will not be defeated!!!

http://www.isoaker.com/Info/History/1978_02_edit800.jpg

PS. something similar kept the neighbourhood bully, *Oscar*, away from our garden (and our catz) ... (tu)

You can get "Silent Roar" from the Dulwich Garden Centre, which I have found to be effective. It's lion poo extract (obviously, being a lion, you wouldn't take the piss...), which makes kitty think it is subservient to the bigger animal.

Failing that, try a landmine. *Boom* - problem solved. Most parts of kitty may actually land back next door if you tilt it just so.

But the Lion Poo doesn't smell and doesn't stick to your kids wellies and shoes and isn't GROSS and you put it there rather than some LAZY SELFISH PET OWNER who seems to think it is ok for you to shovel up after THEIR pet every bleedin' day!

Ahem.

Sorry. Rant over. Getting a bit annoyed with my two particularly determined garden invaders. I do like cats really.

The cat is out there now mocking me. Sat on the bay window sill looking into my lounge.

I'll try the onions idea today and get some slate chips when I next go to B&Q.

By the end of the day my front garden (and it's only tiny) will be strewn with pee, onions, moth balls, plastic bottles and a sprinkling of black pepper.

Mmm.. Maybe cat sh1t ain't so bad!

cate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They can control them a lot more if they didn't

> let me out at all hours. And have a litter tray.

Ah-ha! The guilty feline party identified! And to think all these years we simply didn't spot the extra 'e' in her name..

You could try (as a temporary measure to encourage the cat to go - and then hopefully continue to go - elsewhere) putting loads of bramble stems over your bed, or something else prickly.

I used to do this along a wall to keep cats off, and it seemed to work :)

PGC - cats only cover their poo if their feel they are not the dominant force. They will defer to their owners and to bigger cats, which is why cat owners rarely see uncovered poo and the Silent Roar stuff works. If a cat thinks a garden is open to claim it will do so by leaving uncovered poo as a territory marker.

Anyway, if else fails, throw something at it. Something like a rottweiler.